Glass Cleaner [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cleaner

Mr V
03-11-2007, 10:26
While at the auto glass shop the wife asked what they use for window cleaner.
They use a product called "sprayway" glass cleaner. Picked up a 4 pack at Costco for under $7.
Works great!! No streaks!! Best window cleaner we have found so far.
If you are tired of streaks try it.

p2555016zr
03-11-2007, 10:44
It may seem strange but also try using crumbled newspaper instead of paper towels. It works well and doesn't leave lint. Just use a new piece for each window. Old school auto detailers used to do this.

It has to be the black and white stuff. Not color or shiny advertisement type.

Lone Wolff
03-13-2007, 20:41
Not to go off topic too far, but one of my biggest pet peaves is dirty inside surface of windshields.

I'm always asked/volunteered to drive someone else's car (in-laws, friend, company car, etc) and it bugs the begeezus out of me when the friggin windshield is so gunked up and smeared. How the hell can people drive like that? Invest the 2 minutes each month and wipe it down with windex if that's all you have.

Sometimes it looks like someone just sneezed on it and wiped it around with their sleeve. I'm far from a neat freak, but I hate slobs!

p2555016zr
03-13-2007, 21:54
Originally posted by Lone Wolff
Not to go off topic too far, but one of my biggest pet peaves is dirty inside surface of windshields.

I'm always asked/volunteered to drive someone else's car (in-laws, friend, company car, etc) and it bugs the begeezus out of me when the friggin windshield is so gunked up and smeared. How the hell can people drive like that? Invest the 2 minutes each month and wipe it down with windex if that's all you have.

Sometimes it looks like someone just sneezed on it and wiped it around with their sleeve. I'm far from a neat freak, but I hate slobs!

That's a peeve of mine. Dirty from the inside.

shadyinsulator
03-17-2007, 07:09
+1 to the newspaper trick. I've been doing that for years. Is this window cleaner safe for Tinted windows?