Where to buy in Central Valley... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy in Central Valley...

Gothic_TNT
03-11-2007, 12:20
I was just wondering where are some good place to shop for Glocks in general. I have payed..., lets just say I would have another Glock for the prices I payed. Who's prices are reasonable, and where is a good place for bulk ammo;not Internet stuff. I'm located in the central valley and am willing to travel if the price is right...

Giggity-Giggity
03-11-2007, 17:17
For ammo try gun shows. The Glendale Gun show gave me 500 rounds of Winchester .40S&W 165 grain for $85+.

miwall
03-11-2007, 18:01
I guess it depends where you consider the Central Valley to be. I live in Tulare and we have a couple of choices locally , and a few others close by. Jim Dodd is a great go to guy here and you can also check out Archie at Ace Guns on South K St. I usually use WWB at Walmart for practice ammo, even though it just went to 14.99 a box of 100. Glad I stocked up around Christmas.

bvh
03-11-2007, 18:08
As someone else posted, it depends what you consider Central Valley. If you're near Vacaville, there is a relatively new store Guns, Fishing, & More. Their prices are not necessarily the least expensive, but they have a very large selection (it probably is one of the best stores in the Bay Area). They also have a range downstairs if you want to try out a rental first.

Gothic_TNT
03-13-2007, 10:01
In Fresno or Monterey county.............

HarlDane
03-13-2007, 13:51
I'm guessing that your in western Fresno County. Fresno has HORRIBLE prices so I wouldn't head there. Tulare or possibly Hanford/Lemoore might be your best bet, but I don't know any shops in that area.

varigger
03-23-2007, 16:04
Originally posted by HarlDane
I'm guessing that your in western Fresno County. Fresno has HORRIBLE prices so I wouldn't head there. Tulare or possibly Hanford/Lemoore might be your best bet, but I don't know any shops in that area.

Don't waste your time coming to Lemoore or Hanford. There's not much here, and what we do have isn't reasonable!

HarlDane
03-23-2007, 16:50
Originally posted by varigger
Don't waste your time coming to Lemoore or Hanford. There's not much here, and what we do have isn't reasonable! It seems prices all over the valley are sky high.

varigger
03-23-2007, 16:52
Originally posted by HarlDane
It seems prices all over the valley are sky high.

It helps being Military or LE.

HarlDane
03-23-2007, 16:55
Originally posted by varigger
It helps being Military or LE. I buy online now, there is a guy near me that will receive and transfer for $25 (as opposed to over $100 at places like Herb Bauers.

varigger
03-23-2007, 16:59
PM Sent

camoram
03-24-2007, 08:50
I am in Nor Cal, and I go to Reno to buy Ammo. I usually buy at the Reno Show. Great deals. I bought a case of 1000 7.63x.39 for $120. Russian surplus non wolf.

Short Cut
03-24-2007, 10:18
I like going to Barnwood Arms in the small town of Ripon. They are on Main St. It is a small to midsize shop with an indoor range. They have knowledgeable adults working the gun counter , which is refreshing.

I also like going to Ronning Arms on Yosemite in Modesto. Although I've yet to find a FFL in middle CA that has the prices that one can find on the internet.

camoram
03-24-2007, 10:44
Are there any FFL's in Nor-Central CA that y'all trust? I am hearing horror stories. The Gun Room had just about everything, yes they are expensive, but I am now getting the impression that everything relating to gun's is expensive in CA. The 30 day law sucks. I wish I would have done more home work before I bought. I was planning on buying another one next week when the Taxes get in. O well, live and learn.

Short Cut
03-24-2007, 15:14
Wild Sports in Orangevale (Sac metro area) has decent prices normally and great prices when they have sales.

camoram
03-24-2007, 16:45
Any body have any dealing's with Broadway Bait and Tackle?

gloxter
04-02-2007, 22:08
Try River City Gun Exchange. They can get busy on the weekends, but be patient and they will treat you well. I purhcased a factory refurbished G19 (9mm) from them at an outstanding price. The gun was in mint condition. I've since shot over 4,000 rounds through it without a problem.

If you don't get your Glock questions answered, give me a PM and I'll answer, or point you in the right direction.

-gloxter

camoram
04-03-2007, 07:55
Cool, I have had 2 local Sac area members offer help (thanks Sean and Matt) and have started talking to Brandon, owner of Wild Bill's. He is great! He told me that the Glock rep is supposed to be at his shop this week. So hopefully I can get him to look at it. Matt also offered a few hours of his time to me. He is willing to help me do a full detail strip and part replacement :thumbsup: Y'all are Aces in my book,

Nate

gloxter
04-04-2007, 08:55
Originally posted by camoram
Cool, I have had 2 local Sac area members offer help (thanks Sean and Matt) and have started talking to Brandon, owner of Wild Bill's. He is great! He told me that the Glock rep is supposed to be at his shop this week. So hopefully I can get him to look at it. Matt also offered a few hours of his time to me. He is willing to help me do a full detail strip and part replacement :thumbsup: Y'all are Aces in my book,

Nate

Nate:

PM me some time and we can go shooting. I'm not a range-type guy unless absolutely necessary (hint).

-gloxter

Opie 1 Kenopie
04-12-2007, 00:01
If anybody out there is LE... I buy mine through Second Amendment Sports on Mohawk & Hwy 58 in B-field. $399 for all regular frame Glocks. $525 out the door for my G21 with night sights. Must show LE ID. PLUS! They have now decided NOT to require a commander's letter, just show your ID and the piece with hi-caps is yours over the counter! Don't ask me how, but they do it and I love it.

-Opie

Wulfenite
04-12-2007, 21:54
River City is the best store in NorCal....particularly for the tactical stuff. RC Guns is pretty strong in the Cowboy guns. Wild Sports and Great Guns are more hunting oriented. I've heard that the prices at the new Sportsmans Warehouse in Rocklin are favorable.

FWIW, I don't sweat too much the slight difference in purchase price of a gun. A GREAT deal on a Glock might be 50 bucks cheaper....what's that....5 boxes of ammo, 250 rounds plus or minus; barely enough to break in the gun? Fact of the matter is is a gun will quickly out shoot its value in ammo if you actually use it. Its kind of like haggling with the dealer over the price of the tires on your car, but not really caring about what you pay for the rest of the vehicle. Besides, gun dealers have enough trouble staying in business in this state. If an extra 50 bucks makes it so they can keep their doors open for when I need a quick box of ammo or something, I don't regret it.

camoram
04-13-2007, 15:13
I agree with you. Thats why I do all of my business with Wild Bills now. Small shop, great owner. Now the Gun Room is a joke. they are a bunch of Butt Holes. If it was the end of the world and I was out of ammo, I would not buy from them. There gun's are close to $100 over MSRP as with all of there stuff. Last time I was at there range I bought some A-Zooms. They had 6-7 packages of them. in all of the packages there were 4 pieces. They were also charging $25. I called the number on the back of the package, the suggested MSRP was $15.99 and there is supposed to be 5 in each package. I took the one's I bought back. They cater to RUY's, so they think they can over charge for everything.

Ok rant over. sorry for the hijack,

Nate