Ashburn open carry?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ashburn open carry??

mikedb
03-11-2007, 16:58
I will be visiting my brother and his family in Ashburn VA (metro DC). He is not into guns. He is not anti-gun just not interested except for his 12 ga. I read the rules about having to open carry in a restaurant that serves liquor. Do people do this in the Ashburn area or just leave the gun in the car? Any other things to be aware of? We may also go to the coast and the Charlottesville area? Thanks,

PS. does anyone know anything about surf fishing along the coast??

DragonRider
03-11-2007, 19:30
Last night I open carried at the Unos at Dulles Town Center. The night before, Famous Daves in Chantilly. These and all the rest before it, never had an issue, even with a Fairfax Officer in the bathroom with me at the same time at a Red Robin.

John

.40Guy
03-17-2007, 06:59
I've spotted a few guys printing, but can't ever recall seeing open carry in Ashburn. I've carried OWB here a few times, but always with a jacket.

DragonRider
03-17-2007, 11:39
This week I carried to 2 different restaurants in South Riding. Still haven't a problem.

Edited to add: HK Fullsize at Cheesecake Factory at Dulles Town Center for a late lunch.

John

alien-Glocker
03-17-2007, 19:39
Not exactly Ashburn, but this guy keeps a running commentary of open carry at restaurants throughout Northern Virginia....

Click on "open carry log"

Link: http://www.bighammer.net/gunblog.html