Firefighter EMT Positions AVAILABLE the Great Phoenix Metro AREA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firefighter EMT Positions AVAILABLE the Great Phoenix Metro AREA

akapennypincher
03-11-2007, 19:04
Have a nephew who is moving West at years end who has been a Volunteer Firefighter/EMT in a Small Connecticut Township about 8-10 YEARS. I was wondering if someone in the field in AZ could point me towards the direction of Entry Level PAID position for Firefighter/EMTís in the Great Phoenix Metro Area.

Assume he and his family will be living in the WEST VALLEY. He would like to work as a Firefighter/EMT, but is king of Short, and is approaching the BIG 40.

Any ideas and suggestion would be appreciated I could pass on to him. :thumbsup:

mesahopeful
03-12-2007, 07:52
I am from the phoenix area and can tell you there are a lot of departments there, but age cut off might be 35 at most. Tell him to pull phoenix website just search phoenix AZ fire in google. they have links to almost all departments in the area.

ClydeG19
03-13-2007, 18:10
All of the cities test periodically. It's a lot more competitive here. Cities to check out are: Phoenix, Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Peoria, Avondale, and Rural Metro.

akapennypincher
03-19-2007, 20:03
Thanks for the information, but 40 is too old apparently to a paid firefighter position.