Why no March '07 Indy 1500 thread? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why no March '07 Indy 1500 thread?

KSFreeman
03-13-2007, 07:36
Well, why not? You yahoos, making me start the mandatory gun show thread, jeez.:supergrin: :tongueout:

Who's going and which day?

k12lts
03-13-2007, 07:50
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Will probably be helping out at the Acme Sports tables. This should be the last big show for a while. The June and August shows are always a little smaller but still worth the time.

The last 1500 was during the SHOT Show so some of the regular dealers were not there.

I'm not looking for anything in particular. I may take a Colt Detective Special with me for sale or trading material.

KSFreeman
03-13-2007, 08:41
Is the Colt in good shape?

boilergonzo
03-13-2007, 09:04
They lost Dominique Rhodes to the Raiders, but I think they will be okay...

Oops! Wrong Colt!

Thanks for posting the obligatory 1500 thread. I was thinking about doing the same.

fire1035
03-13-2007, 12:10
Originally posted by boilergonzo
They lost Dominique Rhodes to the Raiders, but I think they will be okay...

You say that like it's a bad thing. He should fit in pretty well with the rest of the thugs out there.

El Toro Loco
03-13-2007, 12:16
I will be there Friday most of the day. Looking for a G19 or G26. Hoping to find a good deal, extra mags for either should I be able to find the gun. Was considering maybe a XD40, but would that be considered cheating on the 2 Glocks I already own??? And some chocolate covered blueberries so the wife doesn't get too upset if I should happen to find both...

Alex

rhino465
03-13-2007, 15:35
if I am there at all, it will be on Friday, at the Atlanta Conservation Club table.

sjstill
03-13-2007, 17:31
I'll be there all 3 days, doing call-ins again....

187 of them at the last show, maybe I can beat that :thumbsup:

cougar_guy04
03-13-2007, 17:52
I'm going to be up there Saturday most likely. Gotta pick up some carry ammo and look for a holster for my XD for carry (I love having an excuse to buy stuff :supergrin:)

Anybody have suggestions on who to look up for a lower parts kit for an AR?

IPDBrad
03-13-2007, 18:19
Saturday for a little browsing.

Probably not buying anything unless a Surefire calls my name as I walk by.

dblagent
03-13-2007, 18:26
I almost asked the same question yesterday, glad to see the thread come back! Not sure yet if I'm going, though I would like to. Got a unfired PLR-16 I'd like to sell/trade maybe.

k12lts
03-13-2007, 21:09
I'll also have some Summit 50BMG ammo. It's packaged 10 rounds to a box and is loaded in NEW WCC brass with 649gr ball. This stuff is getting hard to find.

boby
03-13-2007, 21:56
Do many of the dealers take credit/debit cards? I never asked but I know I hate emptying my account and bringing so much cash...

MakeMineaP99
03-13-2007, 22:49
Originally posted by boby
Do many of the dealers take credit/debit cards? I never asked but I know I hate emptying my account and bringing so much cash...

Just remember, money talks and "other things" walk, especially if you find a FTF deal.

k12lts
03-14-2007, 06:50
Cash is King at the gun show...

boilergonzo
03-14-2007, 09:15
Some of the bigger dealers do take cards, but there is often a surcharge, so you may absorb the cost, not them.

tlish
03-14-2007, 21:11
i'm going on saturday to make my first reloading supplies purchase. i'm looking for powder, primers, and bullets. haven't decided which recipe to go for, yet, since this will be my first reloading attempt, but i'm thinking something from the speer manual. i want light target loads for cheap. so, we'll see!

FThorn
03-14-2007, 21:19
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9637/ipdbradzv7.jpg

IPDBrad
03-15-2007, 07:52
FThorn, you are creeping me out. I don't think I even want to know what that is.

KSFreeman
03-15-2007, 08:14
Is IPDBrad some sort of torch collector?

FThorn
03-15-2007, 08:50
Guys, it's THE BEAST flashlight from Surefire...

http://www.lapolicegear.com/subemopoflev.html

$4,800 worth

I thought if you wanted a new light, GET THE BEST!!

IPDBrad
03-15-2007, 10:42
That has to be an April Fool's joke.

FThorn
03-15-2007, 11:31
surefire wikipedia entry says it was a limited edition, HID light.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surefire

Well, this will give you something to ASK the surefire dealers at the tables this weekend.

Report back to hear to see if you found one or found out info on them.

1 old 0311
03-15-2007, 12:16
It is going to be in the Pavilion again. NO THANKS.

seamus
03-15-2007, 16:27
Since I just got a new bushmaster m-4. I'll be there looking to trade or sell my cetme and all the other assorted gear I bought for that rifle.

sjstill
03-15-2007, 17:17
South Pavillion, same as last time.

sjstill
03-15-2007, 17:18
I managed to breeak the clip on my Surefire Outdoorsman a couple nights ago. May need to upgrade...

epsylum
03-15-2007, 17:30
Originally posted by sjstill
I managed to breeak the clip on my Surefire Outdoorsman a couple nights ago. May need to upgrade...

I sense a SF Dominator in your future. Sure you may need a shoulder strap to carry it, but I think it pretty much makes people eyes burst into flames if they look at it. :supergrin:

ETA: I missed the "Beast" thing earlier in the thread until now. Now that Dominator just seems puny. ;)

bradp
03-15-2007, 21:00
I'll be there Friday.. I need a few things.

FThorn
03-16-2007, 06:56
I have a few shotguns I don't use. How much work is it to sell them at the show? Either to private individuals or dealers.

I really just want to get rid of them, so I am not really interested in getting any sort of deal or a lot of money.

rhino465
03-16-2007, 07:13
No gun show for me this time!

rhino465
03-16-2007, 07:19
Originally posted by seamus
Since I just got a new bushmaster m-4. I'll be there looking to trade or sell my cetme and all the other assorted gear I bought for that rifle.

How much do you want for your CETME? Does it work 100%?

MakeMineaP99
03-16-2007, 09:28
Originally posted by FThorn
I have a few shotguns I don't use. How much work is it to sell them at the show? Either to private individuals or dealers.

I really just want to get rid of them, so I am not really interested in getting any sort of deal or a lot of money.

What are they? I may be interested but I will not be at the 1500. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Dan

KSFreeman
03-16-2007, 11:06
My brother and I will be there bright and early tomorrow, Saturday. A nephew or two (there are so many now) could be along as well.

You guys leave all the great deals for me, O.K.?:supergrin: :banana:

seamus
03-16-2007, 15:16
Originally posted by rhino465
How much do you want for your CETME? Does it work 100%?

I have it "broke in" now and it is pretty reliable as far as firing but the monkey err gunsmiths at century arms pretty well screwed up the sights. My next step if I kept it was to get a scope and scope mount, but I got the bushmaster and just don't have time for a "project" rifle at the current time so that's why I'm looking to sell it.

bradp
03-16-2007, 15:48
Just got back, I really want a PC9 Ruger but have not been able to find one. The only thing I bought was some malted milk balls. It was a real nice show though, until I met Steve at PSS's table, actually Steve was a very nice guy, just the opposite of what I have heard. J/K. I did see a Glock 18 at the Glock Armorer's booth. I would love to shoot a few rouds through it, it was a Compensated model.

glock2619
03-16-2007, 16:40
I'm going Sunday-hoping to not have it elbow to elbow. Not looking for anything in particular. I'd like to find a deal on a few more AR mags, 223 ammo, or a nice FTF G26 if one walks by. Someone from Ft. Wayne had one for sale a week ago or so, but never PM'd me back. How times change, for once I have a little money, but not really hot to get anything.

epsylum
03-16-2007, 16:56
Originally posted by bradp
It was a real nice show though, until I met Steve at PSS's table, actually Steve was a very nice guy, just the opposite of what I have heard. J/K.

Was he trying to hang himself with the telephone cord yet or was it not that busy?

:supergrin:

biggl35
03-16-2007, 17:51
I will be going Sunday.

Anybody see the folks that sell the PAC-LITE barrels for the Ruger 22/45's out there. I am going to build me a "suppressor" friendly 22/45.

Patrick Graham
03-16-2007, 18:06
Originally posted by FThorn

What kind of shotguns?

bradp
03-16-2007, 19:18
Originally posted by epsylum
Was he trying to hang himself with the telephone cord yet or was it not that busy?

:supergrin:

He didn't look that busy yet, but that was about 4pm.

sjstill
03-16-2007, 20:36
Kinda slow compared to the last couple of shows. Steady, but not overwhelming.

Always nice to meet fellow GT'ers, too. Actually had a bit of time to chat a bit. :banana:

Did have one low-life turd-sucking motherless ***-hole steal a magazine out of a Beretta 92 within the first 2 hours of being open. May the spring take a set and the floorplate fall off....

boilergonzo
03-16-2007, 20:38
Not that busy yet? SJStill at 4PM? That rascal was busy taking my hard-earned money at 4PM! He was forceful and pushy and twisted my arm until I caved in and bought the XD .45ACP off him! :whistling:

It was nice to put a face with... well, an avatar face! I had wanted an XD.45ACP, held the G21SF just to make sure I didn't want to change my mind, and stuck with the plan. Had fun, and a nice, brief chat as he called in info. Thanks, Steve!

1 old 0311
03-17-2007, 04:07
Kinda slow compared to the last couple of shows. Steady, but not overwhelming.

I did my part by NOT going. Was it the last show where they told to you to park and a bus would take you the rest of the way? Most of the cars in line with me did a U turn and left. Looks like they are trying to save money by combining with other events. There is a BIG electronics show there also this weekend.

TheWanderer
03-17-2007, 17:48
Sorry guys, I don't hit the shows anymore. I can't stand the traffic, the crowds, paying to park. I'd rather just have the leisurely drive out to PSS or to Elmores etc whenever I need to get something. There's very little there anymore I can't get at the shops or online.

cougar_guy04
03-17-2007, 21:27
Well, just got back and did plenty of damage (to the gun club's checkbook at least). Damage as follows:
Lots of British 5.56 and South Korean .30-06 (cleaned out the rest of our budget on factory ammo for the year)
Remington 870 20 gauge
Rest of the cleaning supply budget
New Colt steel mags to replace those crappy 10-round polymer ones that we're currently using on our DPMS ARs
.44 Magnum Ruger single action revolver

For me, nothing major. Just bought 60 rounds of Hornady TAP 230gr +P ammo. Wish I'd have brought the money for a Streamlight TL-2 and a range bag though. If I'd have transferred my residence to IN by now . . . I would be in the poor house right now (but at least I'd be well armed).

BTW - I was the guy walking around in a black MA1 lookin' jacket with a Rose Bonfire shirt and black RHIT hat with 3 of the other officers from the club.

KSFreeman
03-18-2007, 12:11
Colt steel magazines for AR-15??? Maybe the British mags?

I went and had fun. Got to meet Steve at PSS. My brother bought a shotgun from PSS.

I got two Glocks, a 1st gen 17 and a 2d gen 21, got deals on both. Bought a bunch of Federal .45acp, a few M14 mags, a bunch of AR mags, including mags with Magpul followers from DoubleStar. Did not know they were making mags now.

Got a couple of books and a knife model that I like (the Syderco Dodo [I can carry this one in courthouses because of the blade length]).

I passed up a Ruger Service Six for $250. Should have bought it looking back. Oh, well, live and learn.

My brother picked up a bunch of M14 mags (he's a dedicated M14 guy), another Swiss K31, and a Remington 870 from Steve.

I tried to buy a Sabre Defence lower but they sent the guy who does the Unconstitutional Prior Restraint (aka background check) to lunch! Can you believe gun dealers? Here it is the biggest gun show East of the Mississippi River, every Hoosier and his brother is there buying guns and the dealer sends an employee to flipping lunch???

Just verifies Kirk's law of the Internet: "People go into the gun business not to make money, but to tell other people 'NO!'" *kicks rocks* Well, I'll be back in June! :) I know some guys hate the crowds and hassle, but to me that's the joy of the marketplace--the bustle of the gun trade and I love it. :thumbsup:

KSFreeman
03-18-2007, 12:12
Steve, did the po-po catch whoever stole the magazine?

bradp
03-18-2007, 15:52
I love the fun of a gun show!! Another reason to love America (Especially Indiana):)

biggl35
03-18-2007, 16:09
I bought another suppressor, a Tactical Innovations Stratus for an upcoming 22/45 project.

I didnt have any luck selling my G35 with 11 mags. Oh well.

I did get a chance to check out the new G21sf, Although it felt good in the hand, the picatinny rail was a turn off. sjstill, said that the standard Glock rail will be available later. If thats the case, I will get one.

seamus
03-18-2007, 16:20
I bought several magazines for the M-4 and some other miscellaneous fun items. (another scorpion light among other things) The crowd was down from other shows. I didn't go on Saturday because I was celebrating St. Patrick's day, maybe that and the ncaa's affected the turnout?

glock2619
03-18-2007, 17:35
Bunch of Doublestar mags for the AR, and, ahh, that's about it. But, I did get them for a good price. Didn't find much for .223 ammo. Attendance was down-which made it pretty nice to walk around.

Biggl35-pm me about your 35. I might be interested.

epsylum
03-18-2007, 19:10
I got a Galati rifle case for my AR and 2 of those new Magpul P-Mag magazines. Both of the items are top notch and money well spent.

My dad got some ammo, a few mags for various guns, and a Surefire G3 Nitrolon.

Oh yeah, I drooled on some guns and many many knife cases. :supergrin:

sjstill
03-18-2007, 19:47
OK show, mostly steady, but not overwhelming. Didn't even try to keep count of guns sold. I'll find out Monday when I go into do some admin work.

Nice meeting new friends, and seeing old ones, too.

KSFreeman struck me as an extremely classy gent. Of course, the Para-folder FAL he was carting around might have had something to do with that (I'm a sucker for those FAL Para's....) :banana:

I don't think Bob even reported the mag missing. I may suggest we leave all mags in the boxes at the next show.

I had no time at all to see stuff. Most of the dealers rolled in a few minutes before the public, it seemed. :upeyes:

Was able to get a replacement clip for my Surefire, and a spare.

jmb79
03-19-2007, 05:08
Was able to get a replacement clip for my Surefire, and a spare.

Uh, Steve, you should know by now, it's a magazine, not a clip. Ha ha.

Went Friday by myself and then again on Sunday with my wonderful wife. Ended up with 1K RG 5.56, 2K CCI Velocitor .22lr, and a Surefire DG-11 for my X200B. Also, my customary 20 minute massage from Jude Jackson-Hatten to round off the show. If any of you guys haven't tried a massage, you should. Steve can attest to the positive effects thereof.

KSFreeman
03-19-2007, 05:39
sjstill, I had one of my FNCs, not an FAL.

Best gun I've ever owned and highly accurate, oh, btw, it's for sale.:supergrin:

sjstill
03-19-2007, 05:52
DOH!!!!! You said it was an FNC, and I forgot....

I'm not sure I want to know the price on that critter....

I picked up a Springfield SAR 48 Match in .223 (takes AR mags) a month or so back, so my gun bydget is pretty well drained, darnit.

Originally posted by KSFreeman
sjstill, I had one of my FNCs, not an FAL.

Best gun I've ever owned and highly accurate, oh, btw, it's for sale.:supergrin:

cougar_guy04
03-19-2007, 08:55
Originally posted by KSFreeman
Colt steel magazines for AR-15??? Maybe the British mags?
Could be, when it comes to them, I'm like Sgt. Schultz . . . "I know noth-ing!"

They seem to be fairly heavy when compared to the 30 round ones that somehow ended up in our safe. Hopefully these 20's can stand up to some abuse.