New Slim Frame .45 and Glock Sells to IRAN... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Slim Frame .45 and Glock Sells to IRAN...

openrange
03-15-2007, 09:17
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/02/16/europe/EU-GEN-Austria-Iran.php

Hummmnn... this is interesting. Glock authorizes 30,000 handguns to Iran.

Apparently there is a sanction on Steyr... No wonder Steyr wasn't at the shot show this year...

Also...

We got in the new Slim Frame .45's. They are the cool version with the tactical rail and the ambi mag release. They actually are much more comfortable and my hand sits better and quicker on the grip (if that makes sense). Come in check em out. Only got in 2...

Barry...

TreehugginGlock
03-15-2007, 10:23
You might want to point out that these Glocks are going to the Iranian POLICE FORCE and the authorities have "provided documentary evidence that they would not be passed on to others." As long as they are being truthful, that is. The Iranian army was not allowed to purchased Glocks since they would not provide that documentation.

openrange
03-15-2007, 10:35
I'm sure the Iranian Police will be nice enuf not to use their Glocks on us if we ever see a need to fight them...

openrange
03-15-2007, 11:05
Corrective: Austria-Iran story

The Associated Press
Published: February 16, 2007

VIENNA, Austria: In stories Feb. 16 and Feb. 17 about weapons sales, The Associated Press, citing Austrian news media reports, erroneously reported that Austrian authorities approved the export of 30,000 handguns to Iran. The weapons were sold to Iraq, not Iran.

domzilla9
03-15-2007, 13:15
ROFLAMO

One little consonant makes a big difference, I guess. Though I really don't have any more confidence in the Iraqi police force than I do the Iranian Police force.

That being said, Glock is as free to sell to Iran as much as anyone else is. There is no embargo at this time, much to the U.N.'s chagrin.

fryeg7
03-15-2007, 15:58
people, the US gov't has sold weapons to both iran and iraq, including weapons of mass destruction.

getting bent out of shape because someone is selling them handguns is a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

frye

openrange
03-15-2007, 16:06
I guess it would be hypocritical if I agreed with US selling guns to any rogue country. I don't agree with many things the US does including all its regulation of our guns.

Dandapani
03-15-2007, 18:09
Sorry, wrong on both accounts, thanks for playing, please try again.

domzilla9
03-21-2007, 05:28
Barry, please post if you get any of the G21SF frames in that have the standard mag release and standard glock rail. Mark L. from Glock said that these variants would be available sometime this year.

I like the slim frame, but I'm not investing in new mags and holsters.

openrange
03-21-2007, 19:15
will do...