Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott Wins Major Victory for Gun Owners: [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott Wins Major Victory for Gun Owners:

geminicricket
03-15-2007, 17:50
Last Friday, in a tremendous victory for gun owners, the D.C. federal Court of Appeals struck down Washington, D.C.'s total ban on handguns as unconstitutional under the Second Amendment. Our very own Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott took the lead among the States in defending the individual right to keep and bear arms under the Second Amendment, and General Abbott submitted a brief on behalf of Texas and 12 other States opposing the DC gun ban. General Abbott assembled the coalition of States opposed to the gun ban, drafted a serious, scholarly legal brief laying out the constitutional foundation for the individual right to keep and bear arms, and sent Texas Solicitor General Ted Cruz to personally argue before the D.C. Court of Appeals in support of the Second Amendment. No other Attorney General in the nation has shown such leadership and initiative in protecting the Second Amendment, and if--as widely expected--this case goes to the U.S. Supreme Court, General Abbott will once again take the lead for gun owners across America in defending all of our individual rights under the Second Amendment.

---------------------------------------------------------

That was what the Texas State Rifle Association had to say about it.

MKSpangler
03-15-2007, 20:31
I highly congregate My AG:banana:

Walter45Auto
03-16-2007, 20:50
:patriot:

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

wil129
03-18-2007, 19:51
:cheers: :agree:

cwood
03-18-2007, 19:58
Governor or Lt. Governor

SeriousStudent
04-07-2007, 21:22
Amen to what cwood said. I hope he does run for governor.

barnettbill
04-08-2007, 19:39
I am just tickled about all the good news for the 2nd Amendment. After years of losing ground in the courts it is great to have so many states sign on to CCW and the Castle Doctrine. We are gaining momentum. But we all need to keep the pressure on the legislators by continuing with our letter writing, or the pendulum may start to swing the other way.
:milestone:

SeriousStudent
04-08-2007, 19:54
Originally posted by barnettbill
I am just tickled about all the good news for the 2nd Amendment. After years of losing ground in the courts it is great to have so many states sign on to CCW and the Castle Doctrine. We are gaining momentum. But we all need to keep the pressure on the legislators by continuing with our letter writing, or the pendulum may start to swing the other way.
:milestone:

A big plus one - you are exactly right. I can't think of an Attorney General we have had that has listened to the people of Texas like Greg Abbott has done.

Keep writing those letters!