Carry Chambered in Texas? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carry Chambered in Texas?

Arbee
03-15-2007, 22:57
A post in another subforum here indicated that it is illegal in Texas to carry with a round chambered. Is this something new, or long established? Can anyone point to a reference for this - prefereably in the DPS document on Handgun laws.

Thanks,

Arbee

RPBROWN
03-16-2007, 05:57
Originally posted by Arbee
A post in another subforum here indicated that it is illegal in Texas to carry with a round chambered. Is this something new, or long established? Can anyone point to a reference for this - prefereably in the DPS document on Handgun laws.

Thanks,

Arbee

This is not true. Don't know how this information got out there but it has been put on several forums.

Glenn E. Meyer
03-16-2007, 09:03
Some troll moron posted it, most likely. Interesting to see the post that started it.

Arbee
03-16-2007, 10:28
Right. I was doubtful and read through the entire DPS downloaded doc last night and could find nothing.

RED64CJ5
03-17-2007, 00:53
I've always felt that not carrying a round in the chamber defeats carrying at all.

nuparadigm
03-18-2007, 04:39
Agreed! I've never run into this particular bit of mis-information before, but it doesn't surprise me.

S.O.Interceptor
03-18-2007, 15:04
Originally posted by Arbee

Thanks,

Arbee

Can you post a link to the post where this is mentioned? I'd like to read it.

And as everyone else said, it's completely false. You can either carry a firearm or you can't.

APD
03-18-2007, 20:31
Originally posted by dudeyougotadell
I've always felt that not carrying a round in the chamber defeats carrying at all.

+1