court [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : court

jeaprdy
03-16-2007, 01:02
Hey everybody. I have to go to the courthouse tomorrow to support my parent's fight against a workman's comp case. my question is can I check my pistol there or would it be easier to lock it in the car? Anybody have experience or know someone who has? Please get back to me. Thanks.

TMG
03-16-2007, 04:52
Depends what building you're in.

I'd say Lock it in your car. The gun lockers in most court buildings are for L.E.

reerc
03-16-2007, 07:00
You MAY be able to check it, but you will certainly be able to lock it in your car.

I understand the desire to remain armed as long as possible, but at the same time, I wouldn't hassle with the probability of getting in the court building and getting turned away and have to return to your car anyway.

Let us know if you decide to try the courtroom route how it turns out.

:thumbsup:

jeaprdy
03-16-2007, 11:26
Yeah, I assumed I would have to leave it in the car.Never hurts to ask. Thanks everybody:thumbsup:

Sambolijah
03-16-2007, 16:25
I was just at the 4th district courthouse in provo the other day.

they had a sign posted that basically said "don't bother asking to check your firearm, we won't do it. keep it in your car."

Same thing with any camera phones. "put it in your car."

RyDC
03-23-2007, 00:07
I've been to 4th District Juvie/Slate Canyon a few times for work-related stuff, and they have a grand total of 4 firearms lockers in the unsecure zone before you hit the metal detector.

However, the bailiff doesn't care that I drag my folding knife and camera phone in there if I'm just shuffling paper.