Sunfire or Lumina, Which one to sell and which one to keep and have repaired? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sunfire or Lumina, Which one to sell and which one to keep and have repaired?

KnightOfTheOlde
03-16-2007, 07:12
So I have 2 cars and both have a similar engine issue. One is a 97 sunfire the other a 90 lumina. I'm going to sell one to get money toward repairs for the one I keep. The bodies are both in decent condition and the lumina has sloghtly higher millege.

Looking for opinions on which I should keep. I like that the Lumina is a little more solid built car, on the other hand the sunfire is newer and was my first car. I hear Sunfires tend to have a lot of problems over time. What you guys do?

DaisyCutter
03-16-2007, 09:51
Consider selling both to get a $4000 Nissan Altima.

fludy12
03-17-2007, 13:26
Originally posted by DaisyCutter
Consider selling both to get a $4000 Nissan Altima.

Or a 5 year old bullet-proof Honda Accord/Civic.

Toxie
03-17-2007, 13:32
Yeah, because used imports are SUCH good buys :upeyes:. Resale values of imports are flat out insane.

Keep the newer car of the mix.

ScarFace88
03-17-2007, 21:01
Get an 86-89 Acura Integra. You can find a good one for 1500 and they will last for over 240k miles, mine only has 85k but I know it will not have problems for a long time. Also, make sure that you get a manual transmission as the automatic reduces performance noticably and unreliable, with some not even lasting 50k miles

fludy12
03-18-2007, 05:33
Originally posted by Toxie
Yeah, because used imports are SUCH good buys :upeyes:. Resale values of imports are flat out insane.

Hey dum bass... Ever think there might be a REASON for that? Like maybe spend a little more upfront and drive for 100k miles with little to NO maintenance issues, $$$ and frustration due to lost time? :upeyes:

Toxie
03-18-2007, 13:03
Hey dum bass... Ever think there might be a REASON for that? Like maybe spend a little more upfront and drive for 100k miles with little to NO maintenance issues, $$$ and frustration due to lost time?

He didn't ask for advice getting a new car, he asked about fixing what he has, "dum bass". Way to hand out the useless advice.

fludy12
03-18-2007, 14:21
He didn't ask for advice getting a new car, he asked about fixing what he has, "dum bass". Way to hand out the useless advice.

:upeyes:

Ya know, part of the wonder of internet research is being presented with possibilities one never considered in the first place. The OP has two basically POS cars and he ADMITS the Sunfires have problems. As for the older Lumina, I had one in the late eighties and it was a piece of crap. Now go home and stay inside your "box" and continue to avoid innovative thinking and possibilities.

Toxie, no further response from you is needed here.

knightkrawler00
03-19-2007, 21:53
Not knowing what is wrong with either car, I would keep the Sunfire. I've had enough of the Sunfire/Cavalier cars in the shop with high miles to see that when taken care of they last a long time.

Toxie
03-20-2007, 18:40
Toxie, no further response from you is needed here.

That's advice you should have followed from the outset (not to mention that your the highly mature one who has to use foul language to get his point across). Glady enough, your not the admin here to tell me how, when or what to respond to.

fludy12
03-21-2007, 06:24
That's advice you should have followed from the outset (not to mention that your the highly mature one who has to use foul language to get his point across). Glady enough, your not the admin here to tell me how, when or what to respond to.

Hello... I knew you couldn't stay away for long. :upeyes:

Foul language? Maybe a dum bass is simply an ingnorant aquatic creature capable of coherent external thought.

Toxie
03-22-2007, 13:46
Or someone inarticulate enough to make their point without insulting someone else, because their point is both off-topic and unasked for.

ingnorant aquatic creature incapable of coherent external thought.

I fixed it for you, you were "incapable" of getting it correct the first time.

fludy12
03-22-2007, 17:24
Or someone inarticulate enough to make their point without insulting someone else, because their point is both off-topic and unasked for.

I fixed it for you, you were "incapable" of getting it correct the first time.

And thank you for wasting your time...again...

Over and out, Toxie, aka (the thing I made in the bathroom this morning). :rofl:

epsylum
03-22-2007, 19:12
Holy hi-jacked thread batman!

Only one way to settle this..... Pistols at dawn.

fludy12
03-24-2007, 15:44
Originally posted by epsylum
Holy hi-jacked thread batman!

Only one way to settle this..... Pistols at dawn.

Better yet, check out the thread in GNG about not using toilet paper for a year. Maybe we could do a "wipe off" and see how long we could hold out without using TP. But, with a name like Toxie, I'm sure I'd lose! :rofl:

brownmajik
04-06-2007, 18:50
Sell 'em both and buy an FNFAL. BTW, flaming eachother is against the forum rules. Just pointing that out. Personally, I love watching flamers raise eachothers blood pressure. I wish you all had webcams, so i could see which one of you has a heart attack first, lmao. :burn:

fludy12
04-06-2007, 18:59
Originally posted by brownmajik
Sell 'em both and buy an FNFAL. BTW, flaming eachother is against the forum rules. Just pointing that out. Personally, I love watching flamers raise eachothers blood pressure. I wish you all had webcams, so i could see which one of you has a heart attack first, lmao. :burn:

No BP rise here. Just having some fun with other's ignorance. ;)

Want a BP rise? Keep the crappy cars and deal with maintenance costs, lost time due to unreliability, etc... On vehicles that have crap re-sale value, too...