Visiting College Station end of March [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Visiting College Station end of March

uhlawpup
03-16-2007, 08:27
I'll be in College Station for the last week of March, attending training that is job-related. Most of my evenings will be free.

Are there any shooting opportunities there in the evenings? Any good gun shops or pawn shops I should visit looking for bargains?

Other than my daily tread mill exercise, my evenings should be free, as I don't like to just veg in the hotel room in front of the TV.

Advice is welcomed.

cwood
03-16-2007, 15:29
I was up not long ago visiting my sohpomore daughter (whoop) and we found this place but it was after hours at the time and we never made it in. I would like to visit it next time.

http://www.championfirearms.com/

I, too, would be interested in some of this info.

Have fun.

ScoPro
03-18-2007, 16:59
Can't believe no mention has been made of the fabulous gun collection on display in Aggieville:

http://www.aggiecorps.org/home/corpscenter/exhibits/guncollection/

As a Longhorn fan, I have had the great pleasure of touring this incredible exhibit twice over the years. Kudos to the Aggies for providing a fine venue for one of the nation's best gun collections.
Conversely, boo on UT-Austin for deep-sixing it's fine smaller collection at Texas Memorial Museum (which included a cased PAIR of Texas Patersons).

One can spend hours examining the superb firearms in the Metzger-Sanders Collection. Heckuva lot more interesting than vegging away in a Collie Station motel. ;)

GL1800
03-19-2007, 18:19
THIS IS A NICE INDOOR RANGE BUT THEY CLOSE AT 6PM

ShipWreck
03-20-2007, 10:52
Originally posted by GL1800
THIS IS A NICE INDOOR RANGE BUT THEY CLOSE AT 6PM

Yes, Champion is the best store in town. A nice indoor range too. But unfortunately, they do close at 6pm. I wish the range was open later. SInce they are willing to open ONLY the range on Sundays, they should be willing to keep the range open until 8pm.

uhlawpup
03-20-2007, 11:33
Thanks for the information, guys. I guess I'll leave my gun-buying stash at home and stay near the hotel and restaurants this trip.

Any good coffee shops for conversation? I'll be there Monday through Friday next week...

ShipWreck
03-20-2007, 11:39
Well, there is a Starbucks in the same building as the gun shop.

There is also a place near there called Sweet Eugenes on Harvy road - basically around the block from the gun shop.