Ok...... What do you think.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ok...... What do you think....

Walter45Auto
03-16-2007, 20:48
A 30.06 sign in WHITE letters on a sliding CLEAR glass door. Is that contrasting colors and conspicuously posted to you???? I say no....

Yeah It actually happened. I didn't see it till I left. And It was Night, no less. And I was looking HARD. This happened a year or so ago. Just wondering what your thoughts are?

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

RPBROWN
03-17-2007, 07:30
Most hospitals are posting this way.

Although IMO and IANAL,its not a conforming sign, I would'nt want to be the test case.

bluelineman
03-17-2007, 09:10
Originally posted by RPBROWN
Most hospitals are posting this way.

Although IMO and IANAL,its not a conforming sign, I would'nt want to be the test case.

+1 :thumbsup:

I've seen a few hospitals with the 30.05 sign (criminal trespass) as well.

cwood
03-17-2007, 12:27
If they have complied with all of the 'objective' requirements like size and form of letters, wording, english/spanish requirements and if one were to be in front of the sign and could clearly read the sign, I would not cross it.

The above requirements are clearly discernable facts. "Conatrast" can easily be a matter of opinion which has not been specified in law. I could easily be argued that if you could clearly read the words, then there was sufficient contrast...or if you could NOT read the words then obviously there was not enough contrast (ie. charcoal on dark grey).

In the same manner, 30.06 has other subjective wording. What is "conspicuous" manner of display and what is "clearly" visible to the public. Visible BEFORE you enter or only AFTER you enter. Both can be clearly visible.

In regard to your original question, my guess is that the majority of courts would rule that a person had been given constructive notice by the sign you describe, if all other requirements were met.

I certainly admit that I could be in error as IANAL. I would LIKE to be in error. But I wouldn't bet my right to carry, my freedom and my net worth on what some anonymous judge or jury might decide after the fact.

Good luck to you on your choice.

I would certainly contribute to the legal defense fund of someone wanting to be the test case.

Walter45Auto
03-17-2007, 21:10
This was a good while back, and I left it in the car that night, cause I didn't know if it was posted. I walked in the door, saw NO sign. When I came out, I saw it, but the letters looked smaller than an inch, looked about 3/4", and I saw that they were white letters on clear SLIDING glass, which is why I couldn't see it walking in, CAUSE IT SLID OUTTA MY SIGHT. If ya ask me, It aint a conspicuously posted sign if It moves out of sight as you walk up to it. I was just wondering what you all thought.

EDITED TO ADD... It's not that much of a problem, as I dont go to a hospital on any regular basis. I was there visiting a friend who had just had a car wreck. But I didnt see it going in, and I LOOKED HARD.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal: