best used car dealer? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : best used car dealer?

fryeg7
03-17-2007, 08:05
i know this is a bit off-topic for a gunboard, but there's quite a few locals here and it's been many years since i've bought a car.

can anyone recommend a dealer they've been pleased with? i'm not real picky about make or model, just looking for a good car for the money ($5-6000 cash).

TIA

frye

cwshootersupply
03-17-2007, 20:32
Pierce Moters not in Metro but Sheblyville.
I bought my Ranger from them and will look there first when I buy another small truck.

ciwsguy
03-18-2007, 06:06
Suggest you try Streamline Automotive in Crestwood, located on Hwy 22. Not sure if you'll find what you're looking for price-wise, but hear that they are quite reasonable to deal with in relatively late model cars/trucks. They also have a website.

seanpcif
03-18-2007, 12:02
I have always found you get the most for your money from individual seller.

Sean

TreehugginGlock
03-18-2007, 17:50
I found my car on line and drove to Don Jacobs Used Cars in Lexington. Saved about $3000. You might want to do a bit of websurfing if you know what you're looking for. If nothing else, it's a good way to find out what that type of car is going for in your area which will give you some good negotiation tools.

glock_19_9mm
03-18-2007, 19:01
I like carmax...I have bought 3 vehicles from them and have always been satisfied.

I don't like to haggle so the no-haggle pricing works for me... Plus you can show on their website.

www.carmax.com

Rikki
03-20-2007, 06:17
A good friend of mine needed a car for his son to drive- he bought a 67 Mustang on e-bay.
He and I flew into Tampa and had the seller meet us at the airport- we checked it out,did the deal. Hung out for a couple days, dropped the top and headed North.
It turned "car buying" into a neat deal.
If it hadn't worked out the worst we would have been was out a plane ticket home and a couple nites at the bay...

Berretta9
03-20-2007, 19:27
He bought a 67 rag top mustang for his son to drive ?? I'd keep that for myself and put the kid in something cheep and destructable.

domzilla9
03-20-2007, 20:38
If you're going for faded european glory I recommend Masood at "Euro-Imports" on bardstownroad. I've bought three volvos and a mercedes from him in he past 18 years and he has always done right by me. Get your haggle skills and front as much cash as possible for the best deal.

fryeg7
03-20-2007, 20:46
Originally posted by domzilla9
If you're going for faded european glory I recommend Masood at "Euro-Imports" on bardstownroad. I've bought three volvos and a mercedes from him in he past 18 years and he has always done right by me. Get your haggle skills and front as much cash as possible for the best deal.

yep, i haven't made it down there yet. don't worry, my car haggling skills are tip-top and i'll be paying all cash for whatever i buy. never bought a car from him before though i have done some shopping there in the past.

when i comes to cars, i do have a passion for things european.

frye