For everyone suffering through your CCW process... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : For everyone suffering through your CCW process...

GSD17
03-17-2007, 21:52
Just thought I would come by and rub this in...

I am a police officer in GA.... have been for about a year, but JUST TODAY got in my Police ID.

Thought yall would like how it is worded on the front...

"Officer (my name) is a duly sworn Police Officer with the (dept. name) and authorized to enforce laws and regulations of the (city's name) and the State of Georgia under O.C.G.A. 43-38-10. This officer has the power to arrest and the complete and lawful authority to bear arms, concealed or otherwise, at all times within the state of Georgia as described under 16-11-127."

Anyway, not rubbin yall the wrong way, for those struggling through the BS CCW process, I feel for ya, hope it all speeds up.

I live in AL, and have my AL CCW, which costed me $10 and a 1 page application, picked it up the next day.

I am also covered under the HR 218, so I have the wonderful right to carry in any state, as long as I abide by state laws, and have my PD ID.

:thumbsup:

Feels GOOD

Wiley
03-18-2007, 16:39
All will be forgiven if you join GeorgiaCarry.org and GeorgiaPacking.org. :thumbsup:

Otherwise we will hope that all your kids look like your avatar! (Naw, that pup is too good looking). :supergrin:

MalumProhibitum
04-04-2007, 17:20
Originally posted by GSD17

Thought yall would like how it is worded on the front...

" . . .and the complete and lawful authority to bear arms, concealed or otherwise, at all times within the state of Georgia as described under 16-11-127."

O.C.G.A. 16-11-127 says no such thing. That is the racist public gathering clause, and it does have an exception for police officers. There are, however, many other places that are off limits in this state, and police officers are not necessarily exempt from all of them.

By the way, if you want to know why Georgia has "public gathering" laws, and why it includes political rallies, courthouses, and the like, read The Public Gathering Prohibition The Bloody Legacy of the Camilla Massacre (http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/history-of-georgias-carry-laws/the-public-gathering-prohibition--the-bloody-legacy-of-the-camilla-massacre/)

It will explain everything that may not have made sense before, including the reason why police officers are exempt.