What kind of necklace goes with this dress/neckline? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What kind of necklace goes with this dress/neckline?

Nephilim
03-18-2007, 03:08
Alright ladies... despite my admitadely diverse abilities in the venues of wardrobe construction and the finer arts ;) I'm at a loss for what kind of necklace would go with this dress:

http://ii.fredericks.com/fredericks/images/en_US/local/products/source/20151_1.jpg

I just bought one in black for my wife and I wanted to find a necklace to go with it... except I'm not sure if because of the halter style neck a necklace is necessary? She's ample busted to fill the dress out and with the sides of the bust/neckline closing in would the necklace be too much?

I -did- manage to find some nice matching heels, so at least I can say I -did- accessorize something! :supergrin:

kcb
03-18-2007, 10:05
I'd probably wear a simple single stone on a chain necklace. Perhaps a diamond or zirconium, if she has one. Depending on if she is tall or petite would determine how large the stone should be.

IMHO.

Beautiful dress!

:thumbsup:

Edited to add: I have a beautiful red stone that is made from a piece of Mt. St. Helen that is on a gold necklace chain that looks great with Black dresses or tops like that, too! It almost looks like a ruby.

Nephilim
03-18-2007, 22:48
Originally posted by kcb
I'd probably wear a simple single stone on a chain necklace. Perhaps a diamond or zirconium, if she has one. Depending on if she is tall or petite would determine how large the stone should be.

IMHO.

Beautiful dress!

Edited to add: I have a beautiful red stone that is made from a piece of Mt. St. Helen that is on a gold necklace chain that looks great with Black dresses or tops like that, too! It almost looks like a ruby.

I'm definately leaning towards a pendant. She has eyes that are almost glacier blue so maybe I'll try to find a nice topaz to match :)

kcb
03-19-2007, 04:19
That sounds perfect!

Two-Gun Mary
03-19-2007, 07:32
Whatever you decide on, make it a short enough chain that the pendant is displayed between the neck and the top of the breasts, not down in the cleavage. (And not so short that it looks like a dog collar.)

Nephilim
03-19-2007, 07:49
Originally posted by Two-Gun Mary
Whatever you decide on, make it a short enough chain that the pendant is displayed between the neck and the top of the breasts, not down in the cleavage. (And not so short that it looks like a dog collar.)

I'm going to have to look at all the various necklaces she owns and figure out what the proper length chain would be. She has this obsidian pendant that I recall has a chain length that is just about right. I'll measure it :)

kcb
03-19-2007, 11:18
Originally posted by Two-Gun Mary

Good point!

:thumbsup: :)

MrsKitty
03-23-2007, 07:49
Originally posted by Nephilim
I'm definately leaning towards a pendant. She has eyes that are almost glacier blue so maybe I'll try to find a nice topaz to match :)

I prefer blue topaz over diamonds.