Fire at Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fire at Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge

bruce282
03-18-2007, 16:56
It was on the 6 pm news on channel 4. A fire broke out in the very back of the store and spread to the processed tire rubber that covers the bullet traps, and then cooked off some of the ammo stored back there. It finally ended with the roof collapsing. Per the news no one was hurt and it appears the stock in the front of the store was OK.

Bruce

watsoncb
03-18-2007, 18:54
I saw the story on the news too. They tried to save some of the inventory. The good news was no one was hurt.

May be there will be a fire damage sale?

gunman_23
03-18-2007, 20:10
Originally posted by watsoncb
I saw the story on the news too. They tried to save some of the inventory. The good news was no one was hurt.

May be there will be a fire damage sale?

Yeah, now things will only be 11% over retail.

Glad no one was hurt. Hopefully it wont hurt their business too much.

servicepack
03-18-2007, 22:12
I hope they are able to reopen. I like shooters the best.

:hugs:

news story:
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0307/406570.html

www.shootersparadise.com has a forum that they will hopefully keep updated with info.

VPR Victor
03-18-2007, 22:48
Ya, I wish that place a speedy rebuild! Great group of guys there!

Victor

pjva04
03-19-2007, 17:53
Originally posted by gunman_23
Yeah, now things will only be 11% over retail.

Glad no one was hurt. Hopefully it wont hurt their business too much.

In your dreams!:rofl:

gunman_23
03-19-2007, 19:46
Originally posted by pjva04
In your dreams!:rofl:

Youre right.
only 11% over MSPR would be two days away from the final out of business sale.

Im silly.

Sporwick
03-21-2007, 09:37
Posted on their website:

Shooters Closing
Due to a range fire, Shooters Paradise will be closed until further notice. Further information will be posted on the forum.
There was a fire on the shooting range Sunday March 18th. The two alarm incident caused considerable damage to the range, roof and rear of the structure.Thankfully, all the staff and customers present were safely evacuated.
It will be several months before the store and range can re-open. At this time, plans are to rebuild with estimates ranging from 5 to 8 months. During the interum, the web site will remain active to keep our customers and friends informed on our progress.
Up to date information may be found on the forum in the announcements section.

rifle-cop624
03-22-2007, 21:14
Good group of folks at Shooters. God, I hope they re-open. One of my favorite hangouts while my wife goes shopping at Potomac Mills.
The guys there always found a way to sell me something, and they make good trade deals, too.

sigpro357
03-25-2007, 14:42
I wouldn't doubt but what someone wasn't shooting tracers or something and set the backstop(shredded tires on fire). That was a likely scenario in my mind.

Shooters is rather expensive, and there are alot of yahoo's shooting there. It's packed and the people firing shotguns and rifles in a pistol range wears on you quick.

I didn't like Shooters Paradise before, and doubt I'll be going back once it's online again.