San Antonio [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio

ducati
03-18-2007, 19:58
I will be attending my sons graduation at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas. What are the areas to avoid? I might be staying in a hotel on Rigsby Ave. Close to the AT&T center. Is this a safe area?

APD
03-18-2007, 20:30
I am more Northeast but stay away from anywhere you cannot understand what they are speaking. Avoid large crowds of lowriders and if you drive through the neighborhood at noon on a work day and see hundreds of people milling around, AVOID IT!
I went a few times to ST Phillips College in that vicinity and during the workday there were plenty of crackheads and dealers around.

Also avoid some of the West side of SA because of the night time crimes.
Mostly it is just like any big town, avoid large crowds of drinking gangbangers and any street named MLK Jr and you will be fine.:thumbsup:

Show Killer
03-19-2007, 11:16
Stay north of loop 410, east of i-10 and west of i-35 and you should be fine. That will put you in the north/central area of the city which is the best part. When do you plan on coming down? We have the ncaa tournament here this week so finding a hotel room may be difficult.

Phil

Glenn E. Meyer
03-19-2007, 15:34
Is there a specific reason for staying there? If not, there are plenty of places on the NW quadrant of the city on 1604 or 410.

They are probably a touch more pleasant. Nighttime in the SW quadrant has shootings and drunks, etc. The St. Phillips area is funky outside of the school itself.

ducati
03-19-2007, 15:52
Thanks for the response. No reason for staying there. Never been to San Antonio, or Texas. Will Take advice given.