Ok,... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ok,...

elloquito26
03-19-2007, 18:04
Ok.what handgun could you advise me.I want a handgun for target shooting,carry and defense.but I can't buy one for different activity, so I can buy only one.
Thanks,I appreciate your comments.

ELLOQUITO26

gaboonviper85
03-19-2007, 19:35
every gun you can target shoot with...it all depends on what you want to spend...what kind of power you want....what size restrictions....how big of a frame do you want...its all personal choice.

i have a glock 22... i target shoot alot and its pretty accurate and with better sights it would be even better! its a fullsize but im a large guy so its not too hard to hide on me...if your small it may be an issue.

how much do you want to spend on ammo...i spend ruffly $15 for 50 fmj rounds and thats not that bad but when you go target shooting you usually want atleast 5 boxes to make it worth it.

9mm is super cheap to shoot and very accurate in fullsize model guns but it doesnt have much knock down power which could be argued as to how important that really is when you have 17 9mm rounds in one gun.

if you want any kind of accuracy then get a mid to fullsize hand gun..subs couldnt hit the broad side of a barn but they arent meant to either...they are ment for extream close quarters.

n3hcp
03-19-2007, 21:50
I live right down the road from you! Private e-mail sent.

dgg9
03-20-2007, 08:26
Originally posted by elloquito26
Ok.what handgun could you advise me.I want a handgun for target shooting,carry and defense.but I can't buy one for different activity, so I can buy only one.

IMO the best compromise between all those factors is the Glock 19. The G19 holds 15+1 rds yet is compact enough to carry. 9mm is significantly cheaper to shoot than anything else.

Try one at a nearby range.

Putting aside caliber debates for the moment and looking at your specific situation... since a) you are a new shooter and b) you have basically stated that cost is an issue, that translates to an initial choice of 9mm.

dgg9
03-20-2007, 08:30
Originally posted by gaboonviper85
how much do you want to spend on ammo...i spend ruffly $15 for 50 fmj rounds and thats not that bad but when you go target shooting you usually want atleast 5 boxes to make it worth it.

By way of comparison, you can get 9mm for about half that price.

And ammo is only going up in price, over the years ahead.

dirksterG30
03-20-2007, 10:45
Something to consider - some pistols have .22LR conversions available - a barrel, slide & magazine that fit your existing firearm. You can get them for Glocks (17/19 sized frame), the CZ-75 family, 1911s, Beretta 92/96, and probably others. I guess it depends on how accurate you want your target shooting pistol to be. I plan on getting the Kadet kit for my CZ P-01.

cocked@locked
03-20-2007, 11:06
+1 for the g-19 :thumbsup:

elloquito26
03-22-2007, 19:52
I appreciated with all of you,for your comments.I put in layaway a G19 ,total price $513. I think is good price.now I start to find mags,sigts,the finger thing for the mags,etc...so I apreciate your new comments.

elloquito26
03-22-2007, 19:57
Originally posted by dgg9
By way of comparison, you can get 9mm for about half that price.

And ammo is only going up in price, over the years ahead.

I pay $12 for 1 box 100count fmj winchester