Concealed Carry In NC Parks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry In NC Parks

concealedcarry
03-19-2007, 20:39
New NC legislation dated 3-14-07. Please contact your representatives and help get this passed. You can view the proposed law here. http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2007&BillID=H830

IPDBrad
03-19-2007, 21:14
Good luck with this.

Indiana just changed this through an administrative decision by the head of our Dept of Natural resources.

BigWaylon
03-19-2007, 21:33
when asking for support on H830, don't forget to ask about H831 at the same time...

Greg

MCKNBRD
03-22-2007, 07:39
Done and Done...

Representative Dockham,

My wife and I just purchased a home in Thomasville, and as soon-to-be constituents of yours, I would like to request your support for House Bills 310, 830, and 831. HB310 simply clarifies NC statutes with regards to weapon confiscation during emergency situations and is well-worded and shows a level of trust with the armed citizenry of NC. I would appreciate your support for this bill when it comes up for vote.

House Bills 830 and 831 deal with Concealed Carry of a Handgun in parks and restaurants (respectively). I believe that a person who goes through the training, background checks, and certification process for a CCW permit would be the best method of deterrence to criminals that have less-than-honorable intentions for those enjoying a walk through our State Parks or a meal in a restaurant. Supporting these bills would show that the legislature trusts our Sherrifs and lawfully armed citizens, and I ask you to do so.

Thanks for your consideration.

Byrdman

concealedcarry
03-22-2007, 08:30
Well done Byrdman. Thanks a lot.

MCKNBRD
03-22-2007, 11:11
Originally posted by concealedcarry
Well done Byrdman. Thanks a lot.
Not a problem...keep us posted on new legislation as you hear of it. Theres one out there now in the Senate (673, I think) about installing front license plates on our cars...I sent an email over that one, too.

I'll let ya'll know if I hear anything back from my good Representative.

Byrdman

BigWaylon
03-22-2007, 13:08
I've gotten three responses so far...

one "I sponsor those bills"...one "I support those bills" and one "I'll pass the info on" response...

Greg

davem
03-22-2007, 17:54
Response from my Rep when I requested that he support both bills...

"We'll Do!"

:banana:

Glock-R1980
03-22-2007, 19:35
I just shot a couple of emails to Leo Daughtry and James H. Langdon Jr. I'll let yall know about the responses.

heels23
03-22-2007, 19:41
I sent mine to my Rep. last week and have not got anything back so I hope she got the drift. Kinda worried the she is goin to be the problem.

concealedcarry
03-24-2007, 08:30
Sadly, all representatives do not reply to email or even read it. My representative, Bill Daughtridge's office, sent me an automated response, " deleted without being read". After this happened twice, I emailed and questioned WHY? His secretary called me and apologized...stating it was a mistake. Damn right it was. He may get one less vote next time around.

Senator Swendell has never responded to my emails. Guess I won't be voting for him either.

bogey3737
03-24-2007, 08:37
Sent mine in...will post a reply if I receive any.

MCKNBRD
04-09-2007, 14:07
ZOMBIE THREAD!!!

Got a response today from Rep. Dockham...

Dear Mr. Byrd:

Thank you for your email. I understand and share your concerns on these
important issues. I will support all three bills when they come before
me in committee or on the floor of the House.

Again, I appreciate your taking the time to write and look forward to
meeting you.

Sincerely,

Representative Jerry C. Dockham

Byrdman

Grayson
04-12-2007, 18:15
My rep (Phillip Frye) is ALREAD a co-sponsor of all three! :dancingbanana:

So I wrote to thank him...but also to ask that on 310, they remove or modify the section on RIOTS too. I said that no sane law abiding person would go to a riot knowingly, gun or no....but a riot can break out in a crowded area in a moment's notice and one can get CAUGHT in one!