indoor vegas range [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : indoor vegas range

tstrenuous10
03-20-2007, 08:40
What kind of ammo do they require? I was at one about a year ago and i know its lead free but does anyone know how to tell if im buying lead free ammo?

osiruscyn
03-21-2007, 10:54
The Gun Store require frangible ammo.

American Shooters allows most any kind except shot shells, lead, or military surplus.

tstrenuous10
03-21-2007, 17:10
what kind of ammo is lead free?

RJ1670
03-31-2007, 18:03
The little midget speaks the truth.

Law Talkin' Guy
04-02-2007, 17:03
Originally posted by osiruscyn
The Gun Store require frangible ammo.

American Shooters allows most any kind except shot shells, lead, or military surplus.

Really? When I asked at American Shooters they said no steel core or tracers (obviously). The guy said anything else was fine. I specifically asked about "clean"/lead-free ammo and he said no.

With my luck I got the uninformed counter-jockey. :upeyes:

This is why I just purchased a membership from them. I'll be unhappy if I can't shoot there. :steamed:

SilverState
04-02-2007, 17:14
I have had the same experience at American Shooters. They just don't want steel core ammo because they don't want you to penetrate the walls. They will often put a magnet up to the bullets to see if it sticks before okaying your ammo for the range. At least, they do that for the rifle side.

As for the pistol side, you just need to use pistol ammo, regardless of what kind of weapon is firing it.

Law Talkin' Guy
04-02-2007, 17:54
Originally posted by SilverState
I have had the same experience at American Shooters. They just don't want steel core ammo because they don't want you to penetrate the walls. They will often put a magnet up to the bullets to see if it sticks before okaying your ammo for the range. At least, they do that for the rifle side.

As for the pistol side, you just need to use pistol ammo, regardless of what kind of weapon is firing it.

Good to hear. Right now I just have pistols to shoot. I would think my Blazer would be okay then.

tstrenuous10
04-02-2007, 19:56
So I could walk in with WWB ammo or UMC ammo?

Are there any brands they DON'T take there?

SilverState
04-02-2007, 21:18
Blazer, WWB, UMC, it's all good.

tstrenuous10
04-03-2007, 08:46
I just found my new vegas range.

Are there any outdoor ranges in vegas?

GlocksterPaulie
04-03-2007, 08:55
Desert Sportsman's on West Charleston, on the Left hand side as you are headed to Red Rock canyon. One in Boulder city also.

Paulie

Law Talkin' Guy
04-03-2007, 08:59
Originally posted by tstrenuous10
I just found my new vegas range.

Are there any outdoor ranges in vegas?

Eventually the Clark County Shooting Park will open. I'm not sure but we still have a couple of years to go.

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/parks/Shooting_Park.htm

max-s
04-20-2007, 19:11
Well I finally went to American Shooters for the first time since I usually go out in the desert to practice. I paid $8.00 and they never checked my ammo. I had a bag filled with my gear on the counter and I only had to sign a form and tell them what caliber I was shooting. They never asked to check anything. I use WWB so I know it's fine. The staff is very friendly and overall I had a good experience and will be going back. Shot a few hundred rounds and some B27 targets. Definitely a nice shooting range.

Law Talkin' Guy
04-30-2007, 15:20
Originally posted by max-s
Well I finally went to American Shooters for the first time since I usually go out in the desert to practice. I paid $8.00 and they never checked my ammo. I had a bag filled with my gear on the counter and I only had to sign a form and tell them what caliber I was shooting. They never asked to check anything. I use WWB so I know it's fine. The staff is very friendly and overall I had a good experience and will be going back. Shot a few hundred rounds and some B27 targets. Definitely a nice shooting range.

Did you go to the one in Henderson or Vegas?

I went to the Vegas one recently. I picked up the annual membership (pricey), but my experience was good as well. I plan to hit it every Thursday or Friday at lunch, to get as much practice in as possible.

This was the only indoor range I found that didn't care what kind of ammo you shot (with exception of AP and incendiary).

max-s
04-30-2007, 16:43
I did go to the one in Vegas. Very smooth and pleasant experience.
When I had to pass my CCW qualifying test I had to go to the Las Vegas Gun Range on Blue Diamond Rd. It's a nice range but damn, we had to buy our own ammo at the range to qualify. Anyway I had to buy 150 rounds 9mm since our instructor wanted to teach us some techniques before qualifying and I paid close to $50.00. They don't allow FMJ. It has to be TMJ, hollowpoint or frangible. For close to $50.00 I can get 300 rounds of FMJ WWB's. I had no other choice and I just wanted to get passed my last CCW obstacle. But I won't be going back there anytime soon. A shame since I really liked the range but at those prices I'll be broke before paying my next quarterly estimates.

Max

ZIPGRAVER
04-30-2007, 18:05
Shades of Kommiefornia???? I'm surprised you didn't have to give them your driver's license and take off your shoes too. :shocked: :rofl: I went to the Rancho Cordova gun club in CA last year to shoot trap and the counter guy made me show him all my ammo, gun(s) and give him my driver's license. I thought he was going to do a background check. I asked him if he wanted me to take off my shoes too to see if I had any explosives and this idiot said no that won't be necessary.:animlol: If I hadn't been there with my brother-in-law that was so excited to shoot trap I would have told him to shove his trap up his chute and left.

I'm sure glad I live in northern Nevada.:thumbsup:

tstrenuous10
05-01-2007, 18:33
I'd like livin here a whole lot more if we had an indoor range that didn't shut down because of health reasons. Vegas has how many indoor ranges and reno can't open one?

ZIPGRAVER
05-01-2007, 19:09
Originally posted by tstrenuous10
I'd like livin here a whole lot more if we had an indoor range that didn't shut down because of health reasons. Vegas has how many indoor ranges and reno can't open one?

No developer money here...it's all in Vegas.:sad: ALl they want here is PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE.

p2555016zr
05-01-2007, 19:37
+1 on American Shooters.

I tend to go to Henderson more. I want to try the outdoor ranges next.