Florida - Senator Nelson's Response to HR 1022 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Florida - Senator Nelson's Response to HR 1022

Notrega
03-20-2007, 18:20
I received the following from Senator Bill Nelson today regarding an email I sent to him asking for his stance on HR 1022 -
Dear Mr. Agerton:

Thank you for contacting me regarding legislation to reinstate the ban on assault weapons. As you may know, the ban expired in the 109th Congress when then-majority leader Frist failed to schedule time for debate.

Representative Carolyn McCarthy has introduced H.R. 1022 to reinstate for ten years the criminal provisions regarding assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. The bill is pending before the House Judiciary Committee.

I support the constitutional right to bear arms. However, I also support efforts to reduce gun violence and promote firearms safety. It is imperative that assault weapons are kept out of the hands of criminals.

I will keep your thoughts in mind if companion legislation to H.R. 1022 is debated by the Senate. Please don't hesitate to write again on any other issues that concern you.

P.S. From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key issues and hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to receive these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at http://billnelson.senate.gov/news/ebriefs.cfm=

Contact Senator Nelson here - http://billnelson.senate.gov/contact/

Dandapani
03-21-2007, 05:30
I wonder what our esteemed junior RINO Senator has to say about this... I assume you contacted his office as well. I guess he had nothing to say. :rofl:

Bucky69
03-21-2007, 10:35
Nelson is a ******. If he wants to keep Homeland Defense Rifles out of the hands of criminals, keep the criminals in jail. Don't take the Homeland Defense Rifles away from law abiding citizens. Oh, and don't blame Senator Frist for not bringing a law that abridges the 2nd Amendment for discussion and a vote. Nelson needs to get a grip on Constitutional law - he obviously doesn't understand it.

FL-obiwan
03-23-2007, 12:54
And this would surprise you.?:brickwall:

Bucky69
03-23-2007, 17:43
And this would surprise you.?

You're right, what was I thinking. He's still a mindless ******! Can't believe we have 5 more years of him - he's worthless.

avmech
03-23-2007, 18:20
he is so liberal..........rather protect the bad guys than us. never voted for the POS, always said he was a POS

kilo905
03-26-2007, 22:40
Typical politician, says a lot, without really saying anything at all. I don't quite get his stance. I also believe it is imperative that assault weapons (actually any type of firearm, including rusty old .38's) are kept out of the hands of criminals.

I think the problem may be that he actually believes another law on the books will keep said criminals from obtaining said weapons.

By definition, only law abiding folks follow the law. That's why criminals are referred to as "outlaws".

Time to start sending letters again.