shooter's choice in west cola. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : shooter's choice in west cola.

Glockphobia
03-21-2007, 18:32
surprising as it may seem, i left the gunshow at the fairgrounds disappointed and rode over to shooters choice. looking for an EOThingy (512) shooters choice had them!! along with about 3 other models. and the price was not bad at all, 374.00 + tax :banana:

Fingolfin
03-23-2007, 17:52
Yeah I still haven't learned my lesson about the shows at the fairgrounds. Waste of gas, time, and money.

However I did learn that lesson about Shooter's Choice. At least the people at the fairgrounds jewelry show are polite.

sc2
03-25-2007, 20:10
All the gun shops in Columbia area seem to be staffed by such nice guys...How did we get so lucky? I feel better about risking it on the internet than supporting those elitist pr*cks :upeyes:

ranger88
03-25-2007, 20:40
This must be the rare occasion that I'm the exception and not the rule. I've always been treated well at Shooter's Choice and most of the other local gunshops. I've bought several guns from Shooters Choice and though I probably could have beaten their prices online, I chose to support a local gunstore with the only indoor range in town. Their was a guy working at Palmetto Firearms as the manager who had no business being in a customer service type of job. But I heard that he went off to do some contract work overseas. Just my two cents.

Andy

Glockphobia
03-27-2007, 04:13
yea, shooters choice has a bunch of "mr know it alls" for sure. if you choose, you have to do your business and leave, no socializing. i was expecting 400.00+ on the EOTech, but what a suprise. i could'nt resist dealing with the buttholes.

sc2: i dont know where you're located, but if you want to try someone nice, it's Lynn at Bearcreek firearms in Prosperity,nice guy and good prices or James Fender at Fenders firearms in Batesburg. he only charges 10% over cost, BUT he doesnt stock hardly anything - super nice old man.
later, John:)

Frost
04-21-2007, 14:04
Y'all must have gone in on a bad day.
I have been there lots of times.
About every other month spend a day at a branch office in Columbia and never miss a chance to swing by.

They have always treated me with respect, let me hold anything I asked for and answered any questions I had.
I have always represented them as being nice guys and being willing to negotiate.

What happened to give you such a bad taste?

Most of the shops in Charleston have forgotten what negotiation and realistic pricing means.

The price is the price and if you don't want to pay the inflated price we are charging you then screw you someone else will buy it.

LRB2GZ
05-13-2007, 20:34
Most of the business I've dealt with from Shooters Choice has been the range, I've never bought a gun from them, but I have never had a bad experience with them. I used to go shoot my .22 up there all the time.

Today I took my G17 up there to shoot for the first time(I need a lot practice, but it was fun) and Russell was the running the range today. He came out there and gave me a few tips and helped me out a lot. And every time I've ever asked any questions from the guys in the store while I was looking at guns, they have always been very helpful and polite.

I like shooter's choice:thumbsup:

Fingolfin
05-21-2007, 01:52
Originally posted by Glockphobia
sc2: i dont know where you're located, but if you want to try someone nice, it's Lynn at Bearcreek firearms in Prosperity,nice guy and good prices or James Fender at Fenders firearms in Batesburg. he only charges 10% over cost, BUT he doesnt stock hardly anything - super nice old man.
later, John:)

I've bought from Bearcreek guys and they were very nice. The kind of people running a small business that i'm willing to pay extra to support.

Originally posted by Frost
They have always treated me with respect, let me hold anything I asked for and answered any questions I had.
I have always represented them as being nice guys and being willing to negotiate.

What happened to give you such a bad taste?

Just bad attitudes, not only to me but a lot of customers I know. I've seen them bad mouth peoples' own guns right in front of them, i'm not talking about Lorcins or Jennings either, but brand names. Plus range nazi rudeness and general unpleasantness.

Saw this thread and decided to call them up for a part I needed. The guy on the phone was helpful and went to look for it even though I didn't ask him to. A few days later I stopped by to get it, and got reasonably good service although the fellow helping me seemed annoyed i was interrupting his conversation. Before I left talked to a younger guy behind the counter, he was helpful and courteous. Hopefully their reputation as having a few jerk employees is something of the past.

In the meantime my new favorite place to buy guns is Sportsman's Warehouse. Near internet prices and people who at least to me have been friendly and helpful. I'll support that.

Sgt. Schultz
05-21-2007, 17:43
I shoot at Shooters Choiceís range and Iíve bought several guns from them and they have always been helpful and courteous. A while back I was shooting my G23 at when it broke. I let their gun smith look at it and he said the slide lock spring broke Ö he replaced it for free.

I agree with the gun prices at Sportsmanís Warehouse, they usually beat all of the local shops by at least $50, however I still get most of my ammo at the gun shows.

Frost
05-30-2007, 20:28
Where is Sportsman's Warehouse located?

Sgt. Schultz
05-30-2007, 20:47
Where is Sportsman's Warehouse located? I 26 & Piney Grove Road

Glockphobia
05-31-2007, 04:40
Where is Sportsman's Warehouse located?
Frost, where hae you been, j/k. its where the truckstop/lizards thicket use to be at 26 and piney grove. :)

Frost
06-04-2007, 21:26
I am not from Columbia, I live in the Holy City and can barely find our office in Lexington. I know where Lawmen Supply, Shooters Choice and Bessingers are.
What more does a guy need than spicy BBQ and hot loaded ammo for his Glock...:banana:

Glockphobia
06-05-2007, 04:39
I am not from Columbia, I live in the Holy City and can barely find our office in Lexington. I know where Lawmen Supply, Shooters Choice and Bessingers are.
What more does a guy need than spicy BBQ and hot loaded ammo for his Glock...:banana:

take a left out of lawmens, go maybe a 1/2-1 mile and turn left on either pineywoods or pineygrove rd,(both roads run into one another on down) go maybe 5 miles and sportsmansware house is on the left, cant miss it on your left.:thumbsup:

CarlosC
06-07-2007, 22:22
I've had way too many bad experiences at Shooter's Choice. These are personal experiences, not hearsay. Regardless, I go in there only to window shop...my money goes elsewhere.