Has anyone only reapplied for a normal permit? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone only reapplied for a normal permit?

TheWanderer
03-21-2007, 18:54
When my window to reapply for ccw opens in April, I will probably just apply for a new 4 year license. For one thing, I don't have the $100 to apply for a lifetime. For another thing, I don't even know if I'll still be living in Indiana in 4 years. I hope not. Has anyone re-applied for a normal 4 year license? If so, are the wait times for the 4 year renewals the same as the lifetimes? I'm assuming they are, since it's all the same mix.

Indy_Guy_77
03-23-2007, 07:43
I've got about 3 years remaining on my CCW permit right now...

BUT, even if the lifetime option is still available when it IS time for me to renew, I will, more than likely, go with the traditional license.

Not just for cost... But I figure that if we have to be licensed to carry, might as well go through the routine of the BG check and such.

I personally think that the lifetime permit offers more of an opportunity to cheat. IE someone does something stupid to have their permit revoked (crime outside of the state, perhaps?) the routine BG check would catch it. No routine BG checks on the lifetime.

-J-

R. Emmelman
03-23-2007, 08:25
Originally posted by Indy_Guy_77
***snip*** No routine BG checks on the lifetime.

-J-
I believe ISP does do routing background checks of arrest records against LTCH holders. This was discussed when the lifetime bill was debated and ISP did not have a problem with the backgroung checks.

minuteman32
03-23-2007, 09:14
So I don't think I'd need a "norman permit".:rofl: :banana: :dancing: :dancingbanana: :freak: :laughing: :pepper: :snoopy: :ufo: :wave: :woohoo: :therapy:

Seriously, though, no. I applied for my lifetime in Jan. & just got it in the mail the other day.:supergrin:

minuteman32
03-23-2007, 09:15
:steamed:

Errrr. H ate not having spellcheck! I ment normal permit, not norman.

dblagent
03-23-2007, 18:23
Hey minuteman32, I can't spell at all, even worse when typing. If you use Firefox in place of Internet Explorer it checks your spelling while you type! All the time, everywhere you type. BEST. FEATURE. EVER. :supergrin: www.getfirefox.com - Give Microsoft enough time and they will surely copy the feature, but until then....

/end hijack

minuteman32
03-23-2007, 19:29
I'll have to try that! Thanks.

Of course, in addition to being "spelling challenged", I'm a "technotard" as well!:sad:

TheWanderer
03-23-2007, 22:12
I'm guessing the wait time is the same regardless. This whole license thing just burns me anyway. We should not have to get a license for a Constitutional right.

Gump
03-27-2007, 10:29
Originally posted by Indy_Guy_77
But I figure that if we have to be licensed to carry, might as well go through the routine of the BG check and such.-J-

Hey Indy guy, I bet if you went down to the PD and paid them some money, they would do a background check as often as you wanted. Then you'd always be sure you're still elegible to carry!:bowdown:

Indy_Guy_77
03-28-2007, 19:32
Originally posted by Gump
Hey Indy guy, I bet if you went down to the PD and paid them some money, they would do a background check as often as you wanted. Then you'd always be sure you're still elegible to carry!:bowdown:

Yeah, I HATE it when I commit felonies in my sleep. I used to just blame it on the other personalities but that got boring. :supergrin:

-J-