Is tracer ammo illegal in Indiana? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is tracer ammo illegal in Indiana?

sidewayz6.6
03-21-2007, 18:56
Hey, I was browsing over at gunbroker and saw you can buy tracer ammo, and even incendiary. Is this illegal in Indiana?

epsylum
03-21-2007, 19:07
I am pretty sure it isn't. Just be very sure what you are shooting it into. They can start a fire if shot at flammable items or dry grass.

sidewayz6.6
03-21-2007, 19:10
What about incendiary?

KSFreeman
03-22-2007, 05:57
O.K., what gun shop told you it was illegal?

R. Emmelman
03-22-2007, 08:08
You know everything you hear in a gun shop is the truth.
:animlol:

sidewayz6.6
03-22-2007, 19:46
No one said that, I figured I'd just ask here instead of going to the gun shop and looking like a goon. The people that I talk to at the gun shop always seem to know all the right answers as far as I can tell.

KSFreeman
03-26-2007, 06:17
side, just check that it is permitted at the gun club or range where you are shooting. Some gun clubs have rules against tracer or incendiary ammo because of fire hazard (as much as it rains in Indiana you would think this would not be an issue).

Sometimes people believe these gun club rules are "the law" and will tell you in the gun shop that "it's highly illegal" to do this or that. Heck, sometimes people think that proposed laws are "the law".

I'll never forget when there was talk of changing the speed limit to 70. I had a guy come into my office and tell me that "the law" allowed him to drive 70 (in downtown Lafayette).:shocked:

Another example is the 3 for 1 proposal for IDOC jail time. Every year it is proposed in the General Assembly, every year I get letter after letter claiming that DoC is not calculating their release date properly.

Ignition
03-31-2007, 13:19
still remember being told to be careful with "that there glock because after some time the plastic will wear off and the gun could blow up in my hand if i tried to fire it."