What's become of Miller's Range? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's become of Miller's Range?

Brian Dover
03-22-2007, 11:04
Has Miller's Range near Waynesville ever opened up again?

DistantTea
03-22-2007, 14:52
Crap... I didn't know it was closed. I was about to head over there when the weather cleared up!

I hadn't been since last year since I only shoot there in the spring summer and fall.

The place is only 5 minutes from my house so I really hope its not closed.

AJE
03-22-2007, 19:04
Closed permanently after a threat of "public nuisance" by the county prosecutor after a bullet allegedly fired from Miller's landed at a school a few miles downrange.

:crying:

DistantTea
03-23-2007, 07:20
Thats a total load of crap!

Like it wasn't hard enough to go shooting around here without joining some megabucks range or having to deal with set benches and restricted firing guidelines.

Where am I to practice shoot'n on the move, plates or find out what load works best against the dreaded eggplant?

This is truly a sad day for those of us in SW Ohio.

When did this happen?

Brian Dover
03-24-2007, 13:50
Sorry to read this news, but thanks.

Turtle Dude
03-24-2007, 18:22
Originally posted by Brian Dover
Sorry to read this news, but thanks.

sounds like another place I know
I would like to see that prosecutor prove it. Is it a dem or a republican in that county-is that warren county or clinton county. Rachel Hutzpfel seems to be pretty reasonable or was it a township or municipal solicitor

DistantTea
03-25-2007, 10:07
Its a heavily republican county. I don't think party afiliations have anything to do with politicians trying to get something "ugly" out of their town.

Anyways the Warren County Democratic Party office is pro gun for the most part. For that part that isn't they're apathetic, not anti.

I'm so angry about millers I might have a raise a stink... or maybe find investors to open a new range facility around Lebanon... lots of hilled farm land around here especially on the west side of town. It would be interesting to see where the resistance comes from if you tried to get zoned for a range out there.