Any members of Miami Rifle and Pistol Club? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any members of Miami Rifle and Pistol Club?

joedoc
03-25-2007, 17:18
I went to the club for new member orientation. The rub is that I need a current member to sponsor me; I don't really know anyone there, as I have just recently returned to shooting sports after a long hiatus. I am sure I would make a lot of acquaintances there once I am a member, as I love to talk about/learn about guns. However I need that first member to help out a newbie.
Any takers? Lunch on me BTW--my office is in the Kenwood area.
Incidentally I plan on being at the GSSF Target world shoot this coming Saturday, maybe that might be a place to meet. Thanks.

ede
03-26-2007, 03:03
shoot a couple of matches and you'll get to know someone then apply for membership.

Flexmoney
03-26-2007, 05:42
Originally posted by ede
shoot a couple of matches and you'll get to know someone then apply for membership.

...especially if you help with setup and teardown. :thumbsup:

CincyBrad
03-26-2007, 19:05
I have the same problem, I'd like to join but I don't know anyone there. :sad:

Flexmoney
03-27-2007, 00:25
I don't know a lot about that club. I do know that you don't have to be a member to shoot the USPSA (IPSC) matches.

Heck, you could just go watch and learn.

There you will meet other members.

ede
03-27-2007, 02:41
i use to shoot their monday nite match when i was working in he area. everyone was friendly and easy to get along with, as much or more so than other ranges and matches i've been to.

CincyBrad
03-27-2007, 04:55
What if you don't shoot matches, are you SOL?

I can't go and mingle, I work about 50-60 hours a week. Guess I can't join. :sad:

Flexmoney
03-27-2007, 05:59
Have you been able to contact anybody from the club ?

joedoc
03-27-2007, 18:52
A nice gentleman from the forum here offered to help me out--thanks Jim.
Cincybrad--I will "pay forward" and do the same for you once I am in. Why don't you send me a PM in a couple of weeks--hopefully my process will be through by then.

Joe Tactical
03-30-2007, 20:13
I have been a member for about two years and can tell you that it is a great club. They do everything right(IMHO)!

If you anyone goes to work a match or work day and needs a member to sign, let me know and I will help out. I am there at least on day most weekends.

joedoc
04-02-2007, 22:26
Well, my application fell through. I thought I had provided every bit of info required, but I was missing the signature of the membership director. (Now, mind you, I spent 2 1/2 hours with the membership director when I was there for the new member orientation.)
Anyway, the idea of repeating that ordeal, which only occurs on one sunday per month, which was suggested as what I would need to do, is not all that appealing. Not enough free Sundays.
I guess someone is trying to tell me something.

Canucksvt
04-05-2007, 20:24
JoeDoc, don't give up. I am a member at MR&P and I will sponsor you. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. I am in Deer Park and can be in Kenwood in 5 mins or less. :thumbsup:

Joe Tactical
04-05-2007, 20:38
Originally posted by Canucksvt
JoeDoc, don't give up. I am a member at MR&P and I will sponsor you. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. I am in Deer Park and can be in Kenwood in 5 mins or less. :thumbsup:

Ya, don't give up. Go back and talk to the person that was in charge the day you worked or just plead your case to the membership director. It's might be a little bit of a hassle right now but worth it in the long run.

joedoc
04-06-2007, 15:36
Thanks gentlemen--I will try as you suggest. I do already have a sponsor, but thanks for the offer. What I am lacking is HBs signature---somehow I spent all that time with him but failed to get that.