Anyone shoot at Cross Roads? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shoot at Cross Roads?

ajp3jeh
03-25-2007, 19:05
I recently moved to Northern Mississipi and while searching the internet for matches found a variety at Cross Roads Sport Shooting Association. When I searched some more, I found that they offer 3-Gun matches according to that sanctioning body. I was wondering: if anyone here shoots at Crossroads; whether they have 3-Gun matches; how the various matches compared (IPSC v. Steel v. IDPA), approximate amount of time for a match, and an approximate round count. Any ideas?

lumberjack
03-25-2007, 22:13
I perfer IPSC to IDPA hands down. IDPA has some really lame rules like no reloading on the move, reloads with retention unless you shoot to slide lock, rules to engage targets.

IPSC isn't prefect, but I like it, plus you shoot a good bit more (2x generally). 70ish rounds for IDPA 150ish for IPSC, although that varies depending on the match/stages of course.

haras
03-26-2007, 02:06
I'm assuming you saw this thread

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=665343

lumberjack
03-26-2007, 08:06
You know about them assumptions Haras ;)

Gmancdp
04-04-2007, 12:30
G'man here......i'm the idpa contact for CRSSA...we shoot the 3rd saturday each month..during the summer months i'll run 2 shooting slots...one at 8:ooam and another at 1:00pm..generally we shoot 100 rnd matches 5 to 7 stages with 8 to 15 shooters...if we get 10 or more shooters we will split it into 2 squads...also we host the Mississippi state match each year in November....this year it will be November the 10th....new shooters are welcome,if you never shot IDPA before thats ok,all we ask is for you to come up and watch the first match...then i'll hang around afterwards and answer any questions you might have and will run you thru a couple stages...just pm for any qustions.....we do run by the rule book
also we shoot USPSA on the 2nd sunday of each month starting at 1:00pm..also the 4th sunday at 1:00 pm we have an all steel match..
range fees idpa $5:00 USPSA $8.00 Steel $5.00