anybody in Charlotte/Gastonia area want to take CCW class? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : anybody in Charlotte/Gastonia area want to take CCW class?

BigWaylon
03-25-2007, 19:50
I signed up for a class next Sunday (4/1)...thought I had two coming with me, but neither can make it...

guess that means (as of now) there are still two spots available...

class starts at 1pm, in Gastonia...$50...

PM me if interested...

as a note, if you're like me and don't even have a handgun, yet...he has a .40 semi-auto and a .357 revolver (shoots .38 out of it) that can be used for the class...he will supply eye and ear protection, and even said he has the ammo...

Greg

concealedcarry
03-26-2007, 18:14
About what time will the class be over?

BigWaylon
03-26-2007, 19:27
he said it was an 8 hour class...so, I'd have to say 'about' 9pm...

Greg

Cannibal Roses
03-30-2007, 15:29
I'm glad you are taking Mr. H's class.
He's a really good guy. His S&W .40 is the gun I shot to qualify, because I still had my Glock on layaway at the time I took the class.

I saw his wife today.
She's really a sweet lady.

Have fun at your class!

There may be a couple of guys in class with you who work at Sam Ash Music in Charlotte. They are my husband's friends. Not sure if they will be going to this class or the next one, but they will be taking the class from him soon.

BigWaylon
03-30-2007, 18:56
Originally posted by Cannibal Roses
I'm glad you are taking Mr. H's class.
He's a really good guy. His S&W .40 is the gun I shot to qualify, because I still had my Glock on layaway at the time I took the class.

I saw his wife today.
She's really a sweet lady.

Have fun at your class!

There may be a couple of guys in class with you who work at Sam Ash Music in Charlotte. They are my husband's friends. Not sure if they will be going to this class or the next one, but they will be taking the class from him soon.

cool...I think he's also doing one on Saturday 4/7...

I picked up my G22 yesterday...ran 100rds through it today...

not sure if it's still getting "broken in" or what...but the CT laser that's supposed to be factory set to 50ft, wasn't really accurate at 50ft...and the night sights the shop installed didn't seem to be dead-on at distance, either...

need to spend some more time sending some metal down range, though...

I took the batteries out of the laser, just so I can learn without it, but the grip stays the same...ought to be fine for the distance required during the class range time...:)

Greg

BigWaylon
04-01-2007, 18:33
class went great...

too many people in it, and several that I would question the sanity of the government should they be issued a permit...but Dean was great...

Greg

BigWaylon
04-01-2007, 19:19
BTW...gonna take another class from Dean when I get a chance...

about 4 hours of shooting time...max of 4 students...$50...

anybody interested?

I've never had any "training" to speak of...and think this would be a good first class...

Greg

Cannibal Roses
04-05-2007, 07:51
Very Interested!