Renewal Question Mass [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Renewal Question Mass

gt656
03-27-2007, 09:08
hi all,

my mass class a is due to expire 2-1-08 - has anyone had any experience renewing their class a and the time it took to complete - how long in advance should i fill out the paperwork so as not to be without?

i cannot wait to get rid of the huge size and get down to credit card size!

i will also renew my nh and maine out of state ltc but those were quick before and i hope the same this time.

thanks for any help.

BillS
03-27-2007, 09:37
It is taking approx. 4-6 weeks to get a license through, the grace period was reinstated so as long as you apply before your expiration date you have 60 days grace. I dont't know about Maine but NH only takes about a week to renew.

Bil

lens
03-27-2007, 18:54
If you have a NR LTC, I'd file 2+ months in advance. There is NO 90-day grace period for NR LTC holders (only for Residents).

If it is a Resident LTC, I'd file at least 3 months in advance, as some PDs sit on them for a few months, making the process take anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 months (depending on if the PD does their job timely).

gt656
03-28-2007, 06:21
great info guys - i will apply end of summer and should be safe.

thanks

Kalashnikova
04-20-2007, 11:05
When I renewed my LTC in Malden Mass I did it 3 months early and when the date came for my old one to expire they still did not have my new one ready. I had to go back four times before it was miraculusly ready. They said that they had one guy working midnight to 8 doing them and that he was on vacation. I mentioned something about the lack of importance they seem to have about law abiding citizens. I am in south carolina now. I have not tried to get a LTC here yet.