best gun ranges in s. florida? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : best gun ranges in s. florida?

Magnus DUX
03-27-2007, 19:52
-what are the best gun ranges in broward,miami-dade and palm beach counties?
-what ranges are friendly to doubletaps?
-what ranges do allow your own ammo?

SunGunner
03-27-2007, 23:41
Markham Park is pretty good, bring your own ammo, no rapid fire:sad:

Delray Shooting Center is OK shoot as fast as you want but you gotta buy their ammo.

Anywhere in PBC you will have to buy their ammo, all the owners got together and made the rule.

I am very interested in what everyone else's input is.

:thumbsup:

MiamiE
03-28-2007, 04:26
Markham Park is the best for sure. Trail Glades is a distant second with any indoor range coming way last!

XNYTRUCKIE
03-28-2007, 04:33
forget Delray/palm beach shooting ranges, run by jerks...

I like the guys at Revere in Pompano , very friendly ...markham is good avoid the weekends unless you get there early..same with Bass Pro shops which has the best air filtration system around..

rich52us
03-28-2007, 04:34
Originally posted by SunGunner

Anywhere in PBC you will have to buy their ammo, all the owners got together and made the rule.

Unfortunately, this is accurate. Tactical Edge closed down and they were the only one left in P.B.C. that allowed your own ammo.

In Broward, Arizona Range is OK, but they have only 4 lanes and you may have to wait for a lane. Revere is old and rundown, but they don't care what you do as long as you don't damage the target carriers.

sidewinder6
03-28-2007, 09:18
American Indoor. They are very accomidating and take care of the place. No ammo restrictions and give good service.

noway
03-31-2007, 20:47
ditto on American Indoor

and then I would second FEC over in Hialeah.

FL-obiwan
04-01-2007, 14:33
I usually go to Big Als. They don't hassle you when you practice double taps or anything else "aggressive".

JungleJim
04-01-2007, 16:30
American usually- Big Als somtimes.
I need to check out Markham, though I heard some of the range guys are mmm...over enthusiastic

Magnus DUX
04-01-2007, 22:31
I was at Revere in Pompano last thursday.
Really great experience.
No problems with rapid fire or anything else I wanted to try
:upeyes:
Very friendly and helpful staff-gave me some tips on my not too tight groups :supergrin:
I will definitely come back.

Markham park is good just because it is outdoor range .Other than that it is useless for defense pistol training.Sheriff's range there is perfect for that and I'm going to be there tuesday night with tropical shooting club.
Peace out
:wavey:

sidewinder6
04-02-2007, 10:31
I agree on the outdoor aspect of Markham being a nice feature. You have to go early to avoid a wait. The RO's are characters and will engage you in weapon discussions sometimes. There is no rapid firing there so I dont shoot handguns there.

The action shooting clubs are having a hard time from the esteemed Sheriff and his staff. This guy needs to focus on cleaning up is business affairs and leave the Parks & Recreation Department alone. It is a public park not the Sheriff's park.

Magnus DUX
04-03-2007, 01:39
About a month ago i went to Markham park and it was only 3 or 4 guys shooting (was early). :50cal:
I wanted to put 2 targets at different distances just to be able to see where i hit more clearly .
Some range guy said NO :director:
.And there were other people that had 2 or more targets.
-but they have few guns -he said.
So if I would bring some 22' pistol and wouldn`t even touch it-everything would be fine with them.What a f.....g stupidity.
I guess they a county employees and they just get bored .

No more Markham for me. :shame:

sidewinder6
04-03-2007, 11:05
Thats what I meant by characters. I was trying to be kind. Markham is a bullseye target range during the day and you have to endure RO's and the other shooters sometimes.

Thats exactly why I use American Indoor for handguns. If there are lanes available, you can shoot two targets or you can ring a single lane with two targets and practice your Bill Drills etc.

sencless
04-03-2007, 11:17
Anyone know about any private ranges like the one out in homestead? It would be nice to if there were more places where you could practice IDPA type scenarios own your own...

Liquid
04-04-2007, 19:09
sencless,

i would like to know more about privet ranges also. i seen one a little west of 95 off of griffne i think.

james

Magnus DUX
04-05-2007, 01:53
Do you know any contacts on how to get into one of those private ranges?
I would love to do that

sencless
04-06-2007, 06:54
Originally posted by auksas
Do you know any contacts on how to get into one of those private ranges?
I would love to do that

Here in lies the mystery... Im sure there has to be atleast one out here...

Court in FL.
04-06-2007, 14:27
This range may be more North than you want to travel but I thought I would mention it.
Court in FL.

Indiantown - J&R Outfitters, 7600 SW Fox Brown Rd., Indiantown, FL 34956.
Phone: 772-597-4757
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (100 yds), Outdoor Rifle (300 yds)
Range Access: Private
Web Site: www.jroutfitters.com
Email: hunting@jroutfitters.com

I contacted J&R Outfitters and asked for information about there range.

Court in FL.

Here is their reply,

Yes, we do have a range. The rifle range is 100 yards, the pistol range is 25 yards. The fee is $10 per lane, per hour. We also have a trap and skeet range. The fee is $8.00 per round. We are open Friday through Monday, except holidays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

The only firearm we do not allow is fully automatic. Please bring your own ammo for the rifle range. We have shotgun ammo for sale, 12 guage, 20, 410 and 28 guage.

noway
04-06-2007, 19:29
FWIW

I hunted out on that piece or property and also did some work just north of them off of hwy 714.

hurricanezUM
04-07-2007, 02:42
Originally posted by auksas
I was at Revere in Pompano last thursday.
Really great experience.
No problems with rapid fire or anything else I wanted to try
:upeyes:
Very friendly and helpful staff-gave me some tips on my not too tight groups :supergrin:
I will definitely come back.

Markham park is good just because it is outdoor range .Other than that it is useless for defense pistol training.Sheriff's range there is perfect for that and I'm going to be there tuesday night with tropical shooting club.
Peace out
:wavey:

i will remain annoymomous. im a member at revere. im surprised one of them can actually group their shots.;) who was it jorge? guy? mark? mike? if it was jorge...i had to teach him to shoot!:tongueout: kiddin, but i did out shoot him the other day. guy has 30 years experience, he is the best and most knowlegdeable. next is jorge the kid knows some stuff, mark is new to guns, and mike is an ******* who doesnt know ****. overall i love revere (obviously i have a membership) i like to go to markham though because i dont want to go to markham to shoot my ar's at 100 yrs and then pay again to go to revere to shoot my glock. and a +1 to staying out of PBC, how ironic, i live there.

rich52us
04-07-2007, 05:31
Originally posted by hurricanezUM
i will remain annoymomous. im a member at revere. im surprised one of them can actually group their shots.;) who was it jorge? guy? mark? mike? if it was jorge...i had to teach him to shoot!:tongueout: kiddin, but i did out shoot him the other day. guy has 30 years experience, he is the best and most knowlegdeable. next is jorge the kid knows some stuff, mark is new to guns, and mike is an ******* who doesnt know ****. overall i love revere (obviously i have a membership) i like to go to markham though because i dont want to go to markham to shoot my ar's at 100 yrs and then pay again to go to revere to shoot my glock. and a +1 to staying out of PBC, how ironic, i live there.

What's the deal on membership at Revere?

neeko
04-07-2007, 06:13
Gun & Knives/Arizona Range is pretty good. Nice people and you can bring your own ammo and shoot at your own pace.

Markham is awesome minus the rapid fire just keep out of the RO's radar and you'll be fine.

XNYTRUCKIE
04-07-2007, 06:25
I have seen that range on Griffin too, on the north side of the street near the Firehouse. I have meant to stop and see if there was a contact number.. next time I am down there I will do so and if i find out anything I will post it.

sidewinder6
04-07-2007, 10:03
Originally posted by XNYTRUCKIE
I have seen that range on Griffin too, on the north side of the street near the Firehouse. I have meant to stop and see if there was a contact number.. next time I am down there I will do so and if i find out anything I will post it.

That is a bullseye shooting club. No rapid fire and there are caliber restrictions. I remember when you had to ride a dirt road to get to this place. Now the neighbors have been trying for years to close it down. All the anti-gun liberals who live and work in the neighborhood. I dont shoot there but I respect that they have held out.

sidewinder6
04-07-2007, 10:03
BTW- it is Stirling Road rather than Griffin.

Teslaus
04-07-2007, 23:21
Don't go to Gator Guns! They're run by an A-Hole! I asked him questions the other day & he totally disregarded my questions by waving his hand & cutting me off mid sentence! Doesn't matter how dumb the question might sound, you never cut someone off. It's not stupid from a sales point, but morally! I rather go to Palm Beach Shooting center & deal with them, rather than that A-HOLE owner. Forget Gator Guns!, They've lost my vote!

hurricanezUM
04-08-2007, 00:49
Originally posted by rich52us
What's the deal on membership at Revere?

$90 for 6 months 150 for a year. if you bring your own ammo, gun, targets you only pay 9 bucks a vist. you do the math on how many times you get to go to the range for free. You can pay off a 9 month membership in a months if you went 10 times. and then had 5 months for free. You do the math

hurricanezUM
04-08-2007, 00:53
Originally posted by Teslaus
Don't go to Gator Guns! They're run by an A-Hole! I asked him questions the other day & he totally disregarded my questions by waving his hand & cutting me off mid sentence! Doesn't matter how dumb the question might sound, you never cut someone off. It's not stupid from a sales point, but morally! I rather go to Palm Beach Shooting center & deal with them, rather than that A-HOLE owner. Forget Gator Guns!, They've lost my vote!

PB shooting center is just as bad. I live in PBC and i shoot specifically in broward only. Plus PBC ranges make you use their over priced ammo online. Yea you drive a little father, but you save more money when paying 9 bucks when you checkout at a broward range vs. 50 bucks if you shoot approx 200 rds in PBC, once again, you do the math,

rich52us
04-08-2007, 04:06
Originally posted by hurricanezUM
$90 for 6 months 150 for a year. if you bring your own ammo, gun, targets you only pay 9 bucks a vist. you do the math on how many times you get to go to the range for free. You can pay off a 9 month membership in a months if you went 10 times. and then had 5 months for free. You do the math

Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

XNYTRUCKIE
04-10-2007, 21:26
i was in downtown lauderdale today and saw AA safe, it also had some name as a tackel shop, but what caught my attention was the sign saying GUN RANGE, i didnt get a chance to go in, but it was on andrews just off broward near city hall, any one shoot there??

ackvil
04-10-2007, 21:50
Palm Beach ranges require you to buy their ammo. However, only at the Delray Shooting Center have I been told a few times that I have to buy their targets, too. The first couple of times the clerks could provide no explanation. However, the last time I was their I could bring my own targets.

glock19tactical
04-17-2007, 18:11
Originally posted by sidewinder6
American Indoor. They are very accomidating and take care of the place. No ammo restrictions and give good service.

I agree I am usually there every sunday morning when they open...I have never had a problem there and everyone is pretty nice.

noway
04-17-2007, 21:36
{i was in downtown lauderdale today and saw AA safe, it also had some name as a tackel shop, but what caught my attention was the sign saying GUN RANGE, i didnt get a chance to go in, but it was on andrews just off broward near city hall, any one shoot there??}

Yes they have an older range ( must crank it out just like hialeah gun range )

Now it's not the best range in all purpose, prices are overly inflated for ammo. Haven't shot there for at least 2 years now. The last time I shot at that range, to dis prove muzzle flash will blind you;), A few of the guys I took , we all shot for about 2 hours before anybody else came up, so we had the oppurtunity to darken the lights for the range. Targets where reasonable and the range has no problem with you bringing in outside ammo/targets,etc...

Other than it's downtown FTLDR and the areas is not one of the best side of North Broward blvd, it's not bad. Just don't buy any ammo at this store.

My last box of 9mm ( pmc fmj ) cost me a whole $20.00 and I'm not making this up. Even reloads was overly priced like $13.00 or more.

glock19tactical
04-18-2007, 07:24
Originally posted by noway
{i was in downtown lauderdale today and saw AA safe, it also had some name as a tackel shop, but what caught my attention was the sign saying GUN RANGE, i didnt get a chance to go in, but it was on andrews just off broward near city hall, any one shoot there??}

Yes they have an older range ( must crank it out just like hialeah gun range )

Now it's not the best range in all purpose, prices are overly inflated for ammo. Haven't shot there for at least 2 years now. The last time I shot at that range, to dis prove muzzle flash will blind you;), A few of the guys I took , we all shot for about 2 hours before anybody else came up, so we had the oppurtunity to darken the lights for the range. Targets where reasonable and the range has no problem with you bringing in outside ammo/targets,etc...

Other than it's downtown FTLDR and the areas is not one of the best side of North Broward blvd, it's not bad. Just don't buy any ammo at this store.

My last box of 9mm ( pmc fmj ) cost me a whole $20.00 and I'm not making this up. Even reloads was overly priced like $13.00 or more.

Those prices are crazy man....I refuse to shoot anywhere that forces you to buy their ammo....I can't imagine paying $20 for a box of 50 9mm bullets.

rich52us
04-19-2007, 08:58
Any good ranges in the Martin Co/Port St. Lucie areas?

FlyBoy007
05-10-2007, 12:59
Originally posted by rich52us
Any good ranges in the Martin Co/Port St. Lucie areas?

Indian River has a great range everything from archery and air to skeet, and covered ranges from 10-200 yrds.

8 bucks for the day

SR-512 1 mile east of I-95

rich52us
05-10-2007, 13:00
Originally posted by FlyBoy007
Indian River has a great range everything from archery and air to skeet, and covered ranges from 10-200 yrds.

8 bucks for the day

SR-512 1 mile east of I-95

Thanks.

Court in FL.
05-10-2007, 14:16
This is a club where I am a member.

http://www.mcsa.cc/officers.htm

It may be worth a look for guys in North Palm Beach County or Martin & Sant Lucie.

Court in FL.

rich52us
05-10-2007, 14:22
Originally posted by Court in FL.
This is a club where I am a member.

http://www.mcsa.cc/officers.htm

It may be worth a look for guys in North Palm Beach County or Martin & Sant Lucie.

Court in FL.

Looks interesting.

deadhead
05-30-2007, 18:57
I'm in PBC and have to deal with the range cartel (PBSC, Gator, Delray). Too bad about Tactical Edge/Zone in Riviera. Now, I tend to drift south to shoot.

When I worked in Ft. Lauderdale, I shot at AA once a month for about two years. I never had to buy their ammo. Clint, the owner, is a good guy, and the place was never crowded. I haven't shot there since they took in the tackle shop.

I like Revere. They have a shoot and let shoot attitude. The only downers about that place are the major boogers you acquire while inside.:shocked: