Looking at moving to Louisa, VA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking at moving to Louisa, VA

Rec4LMS
03-28-2007, 12:03
My sweetie and I are looking at buying a home in Louisa, VA. Does anyone here live out in that area? Can anyone give me anything that I should look for or know about Louisa before buying a house there? For what we can afford, I do not believe that we can buy enough property to have our own private shooting range. However, due to the close proximity of Cavalier, I do not think that would be an issue. I would like to know the areas that have some sort of high speed internet, such as Cable or ISDN. I can not seem to find any information on this online. Thanks!

watsoncb
03-28-2007, 20:29
I use to work near by at the North Anna nuclear power facilities. They are both in the same zip code as Louisa. I have heard discussions that Dominon Power is preparing to build another nuclear reactor at the Louisa site.

It should help keep your plants green in the winter. :outtahere:

Slinger646
03-29-2007, 06:22
Gonna have to move further than that, The Charlottesvillians from 25 years ago are being pushed into Fluvanna, Louisa, etc by the Nova Transferee's. I left Charlottesville for the Valley.

JM2CW

Rec4LMS
03-31-2007, 22:02
Originally posted by watsoncb
I use to work near by at the North Anna nuclear power facilities. They are both in the same zip code as Louisa. I have heard discussions that Dominon Power is preparing to build another nuclear reactor at the Louisa site.

It should help keep your plants green in the winter. :outtahere:

Smart aleck! :banana:

Rec4LMS
03-31-2007, 22:08
Originally posted by Slinger646
Gonna have to move further than that, The Charlottesvillians from 25 years ago are being pushed into Fluvanna, Louisa, etc by the Nova Transferee's. I left Charlottesville for the Valley.

JM2CW

Sadly, I have to stay close to my job. I have looked at changing jobs, but my best job opportunity was still a $10,000 pay cut. Louisa at least has some housing that I can afford. We have looked at Goochland, but we can't even come close to affording anything reasonable down there.

Hunterjbb
04-01-2007, 19:34
to say for the average folks there's not much anywhere that's "reasonable"... it's insane..

Specially up north, from what i've seen these days it's "oh 90 mile commute, sure, at least i can afford a house"..

good luck..

Jeff.