Where in texas has a good selection of AK-47s? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where in texas has a good selection of AK-47s?

hpracing007
03-29-2007, 17:49
I'm am interested in an underfolder AK-47, with a decent fit and finish but can't find one :sad:

I don't want to spend toooo much but at the same time, I know you get what you pay for. I'm thinking $800ish

Where in the state of texas can i find a dealer with a decent selection of these? I really would like to avoid the online dealers if possible.

Thanks in advance!

barnettbill
03-29-2007, 19:02
Go to any gun show in Texas and for $800 you will walk out with a REAL NICE AK-47. I have seen them at gun shows in Sweetwater and Abilene for 400-600 dollars. Romainians are the low end and they go up from there.

sdsnet
03-29-2007, 19:09
Originally posted by hpracing007
I'm am interested in an underfolder AK-47, with a decent fit and finish but can't find one :sad:

I don't want to spend toooo much but at the same time, I know you get what you pay for. I'm thinking $800ish

Where in the state of texas can i find a dealer with a decent selection of these? I really would like to avoid the online dealers if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Fountain Firearms in Houston has a Yugo for $595.00. www.fountainfirearms.com

hpracing007
03-29-2007, 19:12
Thanks for the tip, I've never been to a gun show. Heard a few people on here talk bad about them (but i don't think they were in the great state of Texas :thumbsup: )

There were a few Romanian WASR (?) at a local gun shop for $580, the fit and finish were not really good. One was built on a century receiver i think...

I don't know much about these which makes me nervous in buying one. I've been trying to do as much research as possible but there is ALOT of info.

I'm really liking this one:

http://www.globaltrades.com/ssr-akms-folding.html

Offices based in Houston. I just need to look and feel a gun before i buy one.

Originally posted by sdsnet
Fountain Firearms in Houston has a Yugo for $595.00. www.fountainfirearms.com

will definately be stopping by there next time i go to houston

ammoboy2
03-30-2007, 16:29
If you are in the DFW area on the weekend of April 28-29 go to the Market Hall Show in Dallas. You should be able to find a good selection and pricing.

hpracing007
03-30-2007, 22:43
I'll there, I'm attending an auto-x in dallas that weekend :banana:

I've never really been to a gunshow though, so i kind of don't know what to expect. I'll bring a large sum of cash and do a bunch of research before hand.

wmailhos
03-31-2007, 01:47
I'll there, I'm attending an auto-x in dallas that weekend :banana:

I've never really been to a gunshow though, so i kind of don't know what to expect. I'll bring a large sum of cash and do a bunch of research before hand.

Here is the website for the Dallas Arms Collectors Association (they put on the show at Market Hall).

http://www.dallasarms.com/

Here is a link to DFW area shows.

http://www.aubreyturner.org/gunshows/

mike4045
03-31-2007, 12:27
Just picked up a Saiga AK in Corpus for less than $300. Great shooter and a lot more accurate than most AK's. I bought it in 223, but he also had some in 7.62x39. That was new price.

Mike

Trueno
04-08-2007, 15:41
I'll there, I'm attending an auto-x in dallas that weekend

So, did ya find "the one"?

:)

t

sdsnet
04-08-2007, 15:47
Thanks for the tip, I've never been to a gun show. Heard a few people on here talk bad about them (but i don't think they were in the great state of Texas :thumbsup: )

There were a few Romanian WASR (?) at a local gun shop for $580, the fit and finish were not really good. One was built on a century receiver i think...

I don't know much about these which makes me nervous in buying one. I've been trying to do as much research as possible but there is ALOT of info.

I'm really liking this one:

http://www.globaltrades.com/ssr-akms-folding.html

Offices based in Houston. I just need to look and feel a gun before i buy one.

will definately be stopping by there next time i go to houston

Global Trades is kind of high. Fountain Firearms www.fountainfirearms.com as I said earlier has Yugo underfolders for $595.00 but they are going up to $695 because of demand and lack of supply I heard. The ones they have now have the black furniture and are brand new. I'm going to get one and also an SKS for $245.00. Both of those guns are getting short on supply and the prices will continue to go up from what I have been reading and hearing.

hpracing007
04-08-2007, 16:09
Originally posted by Trueno
So, did ya find "the one"?

:)

t

if you're referring to an AK, nope haven't been looking much :(

sdsnet, I'm preferring a wood grip, but i'm sure that's something i can change out. Any time frame of when they are gonna increase prices? I won't be in houston for another 2 months according to my schedule :(

Trueno
04-08-2007, 18:10
Originally posted by sdsnet
Global Trades is kind of high. Fountain Firearms www.fountainfirearms.com as I said earlier has Yugo underfolders for $595.00 but they are going up to $695 because of demand and lack of supply I heard. The ones they have now have the black furniture and are brand new. I'm going to get one and also an SKS for $245.00. Both of those guns are getting short on supply and the prices will continue to go up from what I have been reading and hearing.

There were several Global Trades Yugo M70's (wood-stocked) at the Pasadena show for $459 or $469 each. Wish I coulda got a pic, both appeared to be very nice, wood was beautiful.

If you get to a Houston area show, watch for the RPG booth, that's who had them, had plenty of Global receivers too.

t