Phila GT's; 30th St Station, etc [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Phila GT's; 30th St Station, etc

Gary F
03-30-2007, 15:11
i go into phila all the time CCW'ing... , and am comfortable with same. But the areas around Market East Station are usually my destination.
The few times I've been into 30th St Station , the Armed Law Enforcement (including Glocks & German Shepherds...) presence makes the phila airport security scene look sort of casual by comparison :shocked:
i know amtrak usuage = no weapons possession for the law-abiding customers. Are their any forbidding factors' (ie federal offices) against CCWing within 30th st station...., as long as you are not using their over-pricrd Amtrak trains??

Now while i might have attention of several GT's familiar with areas not to distant from 30th st station :wavey:

i have an upcoming apptmt @ 2207 Chestnut Street , Phila (with a private professional...); hopefully this building is not filled with federal offices?!? i just don't want to wind up making an exhausting trip into the city, just to cancel apptmt, turn around and go home b/c can't carry & no where to safely store CCWeapon

i don't think i'll have any problem with CCW'ing to apptmt; just wanted to check if any one here has info to the contrary.

thank you!:supergrin:

gary

true believer
03-31-2007, 19:50
gary, what day is your apt.?
bob

hile
03-31-2007, 20:54
I never get that far south (stay up here north of the city most of the time). I could wander down to meet up if anybody's interested.

Gary F
04-01-2007, 18:29
Originally posted by true believer
gary, what day is your apt.?
bob

why? apptmt is early in the week; but is not related to shooting; just don't want to do something like naively strolling through fed- controlled offices &/or other areas wherein 'wanding' may occur.

peace, gary

jthuang
04-02-2007, 07:29
I live in Center City and I used to sublet from a guy at 21st and Chestnut.

There are no federal office buildings in or around 22nd and Chestnut, unless you are talking about the post office near 21st and Chestnut.

Stop by Dolce Carini for a good slice of pizza while you are there. It is on Chestnut, maybe a block or two east of your appointment location. :eat:

tat2guy
04-02-2007, 09:18
You're good to go.

Several things to remember- this is PA. PA is still gun friendly, even if Mayor Street and Police Comissioner Johnson want you to believe otherwise. You can't carry in schools- EXCEPT ON LAWFULL BUSINESS. You can't carry in the 30th street Post Office- EXCEPT ON LAWFULL BUSINESS. And you can't carry in a court house unless they fail to provide you with a secure locker to store your gun. Then you can.

So unless your intent is to shoot up a school or post office, you're allowed to carry.

When in doubt, remember, concealed means concealed.

Glock19xdsc
04-02-2007, 18:53
Suburban Station (15th Street) would also be an option...

Gary F
04-03-2007, 18:36
yeah, suburban st station :blondmoment:
i wondered where that station was ..... ;) as i walked to the reading market after my apptmt . the layout of the city sometimes befuddles me .... especially A/R/T the septa train stops . bottom line, ... of course; had no problem with CCW - though i still wanted to get out of 30th st station. thank you for input
:thumbsup: gary