Ohhhh, so that's why they call it.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhh, so that's why they call it....

mhambi
03-30-2007, 15:33
...the Subway!

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2462/subbypi3.jpg

;)

This was from last summer....and I'm itching to get back out there.

Oh, and an open invitation to any GT shutterbugs who might want to come out to UT and have someone to thrash around the backroads with...

:wavey:

Fred
03-30-2007, 18:14
great picture. Makes me want to go back to Utah. Made two trips to the SE corner and did some exploring. Now itching to do some more when I can find the time.

MrsKitty
03-30-2007, 18:46
Wow, your mountains are strange :supergrin:

Fred
03-30-2007, 22:52
Originally posted by misskitty5077

No, these are REAL mountains... :tongueout: :wavey: :supergrin:

ponykilr
03-31-2007, 06:08
That is so unusual and beautiful.:hearts:

Chuk
03-31-2007, 11:15
Is that in Zion? I have Grandparents that live close to the park. I should go down there and spend a week taking pictures.

mhambi
04-02-2007, 06:46
Originally posted by Chuk
Is that in Zion? I have Grandparents that live close to the park. I should go down there and spend a week taking pictures.

Yes. The picture is from the Left Fork of Great West Canyon, known better by the name of 'The Subway'. I grew up is S. Utah and it's still one of my absolute favorite places to be.

MrsKitty
04-02-2007, 18:48
Originally posted by Fred
No, these are REAL mountains... :tongueout: :wavey: :supergrin:

Oh, pfffffffffffffffffffft! :tongueout:

mhambi
04-04-2007, 14:45
Originally posted by misskitty5077

That's a canyon, silly. :tongueout: :supergrin:

Though UT does have *real* mountains too!

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4515/fall1xz5.jpg

10mm4ME!
04-04-2007, 16:45
Is that last pic in Parleys, Provo canyon, or neither?

MrsKitty
04-04-2007, 18:46
Originally posted by mhambi
That's a canyon, silly. :tongueout: :supergrin:

Oops. BIG oops.

:couch:

Notrega
04-04-2007, 18:54
Can you post where, etc.... would love to plan a trip from north florida and spend a week out there...

hotels, kayak rentals, ranges, etc...

mhambi
04-06-2007, 07:01
Originally posted by 10mm4ME!
Is that last pic in Parleys, Provo canyon, or neither?

Provo Canyon, Squaw Peak road. :wavey:

mhambi
04-06-2007, 07:42
Originally posted by Notrega
Can you post where, etc.... would love to plan a trip from north florida and spend a week out there...

hotels, kayak rentals, ranges, etc...

Well, it all kind of depends on what you want to do/see and how much time you want to spend doing it....

Zion National Park is one of the coolest places on earth! You could literally spend weeks there exploring the nooks and crannies. The first picture was taken on a one day hike that you can do either top-down, or in-and-out from the bottom up. Either way you'll need a permit (hard to get, except in advance) There's also lots of other 'techincal canyons' for the prepared canyoneer...

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/989/myst3kt9.jpg

Don't forget about Bryce Canyon NP, Arches NP, Canyonlands NP, San Rafael Swell, Grand-Staircase Escalante, Lake Powell, plus a whole bunch of other State Parks and sights to see.

A good trip would be to fly into Vegas, rent a car and drive to see Bryce Canyon NP. Then you could head up to Moab, do some kayaking on the Green/Colorado, maybe even some Escalante river. From Moab you have tons of mountain bike trails, or 4wd trails if that's your thing. Throw in some hiking in Arches and Canyonlands, then use a day or two (or three) to head down and see Zion before heading back to Vegas.

Geez, I sound like a travel council ad.... ;)

10mm4ME!
04-06-2007, 09:02
Originally posted by mhambi
Provo Canyon, Squaw Peak road. :wavey:

Cool,

My family has a cabin in Provo canyon on the road leading to Aspen. That is some pretty terrain.

General Sherman
04-06-2007, 09:42
I thought I saw George Hayduke in one of those photos.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hayduke