Sunless bronzers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sunless bronzers?

The Pontificator
04-01-2007, 07:54
Are any of these any good?

I have those nasty white "chicken legs' and would like to put a little color in them.

Blitzer
04-01-2007, 08:46
The ones I have tried streaked and splotched leaving me looking like a mutant reptile man.

It has been a while since I tried the stuff so maybe the newer products work better? I need to look into the stuff as one of medications warns me to stay out of the sun as it causes extrema sensitivity to UV.

:shocked: :sad:

PrincessCelica
04-02-2007, 22:46
I tried sunless tanner a couple times. It didn't really splotch or streak and generally looked okay. Until I put it on my feet, which are the whitest part of my body. Let's just say I put oompa loompas to shame:supergrin: I highly recommend doing a test spot somewhere inconspicuous to see how it looks.

Mrs. VR
04-03-2007, 14:12
ok, last year I did the thing like Ross did on Friends. Where you get in the box, and they spray you. It actually looked pretty good, and natural (I of course did the LIGHTEST option available), but...you have to hold your breath for about 20 seconds, or have the stuff go up your nose (you can get nose plugs, but you still have to keep your mouth closed), and the second time I did it, I had a SERIOUS CLAUSTROPHOBIA ATTACK! not worth trying it again for me.

One time I spent a fortune and had them do it at the spa for me, and that looked good too, but mostly cause they EXFOLIATE the heck outta you first, but I'd save that for special occasions. The OTC stuff, looks HORRIBLE On me.

There WAS a lotion (Jergens I think) last year that took a full week to build up color, so you could fix any mistakes, before they became noticible. Mostly, I think I"ve just given up though. :rofl:

rotorhead
04-03-2007, 15:34
Man Tan???My wife uses it at the start of spring but it's hit or miss at best.

MB-G26
04-05-2007, 02:06
But not for quite a while. IIRC, using a regular hand/body lotion first on the area you will be applying the self-tanner to - helps cut down on streaking and such (pay special attention to areas of skin that are dryer, and those which are rougher - like the front of your knees, for example.)

I don't recall what/which products I did use, but do remember that the cheaper ones rendered the worst results. I think I used one from Avon for quite a while with decent results.

USE GLOVES and it's probably best to have a second person available to help you with the backs of your legs.

Feather it, stp, down around the ankles - elsewise you end up with a DISTINCT color difference between the untreated foot/below-ankle area, and the treated leg.

It might actually be easier and less hassle to just mow the lawn or somesuch while wearing swimming shorts and a tee-shirt (since you didn't mention tanning your upper torso). A couple of 'nekkid leg' lawn mowings w/some oil on your legs should get you color - and if you keep an eye out to not burn.

kcb
04-10-2007, 16:47
I have a little bit of Cherokee in my blood and have had a great tan all of my life. However, in the past few years, I have promised myself to be a bit smarter about sun exposure, so I ALWAYS wear a maximum sunscreen on my body. I still will get a little bit of a tan if I am outside a lot.

A year or so ago, I wanted a tan in the winter and went to the salon for a sprayed on tan. It looked great, but it made me itch all over. I hated it!

I'd be interested in knowing good products that I could use that would moisturize my skin while enhancing a natural tanning tone of my skin.

Jergens? Avon?

Others?:upeyes:

kcb
04-18-2007, 18:46
Aww! Never mind!

I'll do High sun screen and get a little tan cover all over. That happens anyway, so that'll work pretty fast for me!

:suntan:

:cool:

MB-G26
04-23-2007, 22:56
I'd be interested in knowing good products that I could use that would moisturize my skin while enhancing a natural tanning tone of my skin.

These seem to be the season's new 'cat's meow', judging from the number of different tv commercials I've noticed lately. I don't recall any of the mfg names, but I'm betting there's a lot of different products of this nature all OVER the drug stores, Wal-mart/Target & similar stores.

I did see some (but didn't pay specific attention) grouped together with Wal-mart's big double-sided shelf/isle display thingie a couple of weeks ago.

kcb
04-25-2007, 15:36
Originally posted by MB-G26
These seem to be the season's new 'cat's meow', judging from the number of different tv commercials I've noticed lately. I don't recall any of the mfg names, but I'm betting there's a lot of different products of this nature all OVER the drug stores, Wal-mart/Target & similar stores.

I did see some (but didn't pay specific attention) grouped together with Wal-mart's big double-sided shelf/isle display thingie a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks, Mel!!!!

:hugs: