Finally open carried [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finally open carried


Warp
04-01-2007, 17:21
G26 in Comp Tac C-TAC, polo fully tucked (behind the gun). Went to West Lafayette Walmart, a gas station and a McDonalds. All were pretty busy, including a lot of employees in the Walmart beginning to restock. I am sure people noticed but nobody said anything or had an adverse reaction.

:thumbsup:

rhino465
04-01-2007, 19:32
Originally posted by Warp
G26 in Comp Tac C-TAC, polo fully tucked (behind the gun). Went to West Lafayette Walmart, a gas station and a McDonalds. All were pretty busy, including a lot of employees in the Walmart beginning to restock. I am sure people noticed but nobody said anything or had an adverse reaction.

Good work!

I carried openly in two states yesterday! After a multi-gun match in Kentucky, we stopped at a convenience store and the shirt I was wearing over everything in the morning was locked in the back of the truck, so I just went inside. No comments, although I have had some curiosity from clerks there during visits in the past (nothing negative).

Then in Indiana I went into the convenience store at the Marathon in Cloverdale on US231, no issues.

Then I patronized a gas station here in my hometown; no issues.

IronHorseman
04-01-2007, 19:52
Congrats!

KSFreeman
04-02-2007, 06:04
I've never had any problems in Tippecanoe County and I've carried long guns around.

Only place I've ever been asked if I had a LTCH was in the tiny burg of Wheatfield, Indiana. I stopped for coffee and the town marshall (not in uniform) was there. I showed him mine and he showed me his.:supergrin: :animlol:

sjstill
04-02-2007, 20:02
It has become second nature to me to open carry, especially with warmer weather. Usually keep some sort of vest in the car, but I don't always rememberize to put it on :animlol:

IPDBrad
04-02-2007, 20:55
What the heck!

There wasn't widespread panic, women screaming, children crying, men fetching bats and clubs.

rhino465
04-03-2007, 10:45
In addition to widespread, mass hysteria, I suspect that open carry causes GLOBAL WARMING! :animlol:

KSFreeman
04-03-2007, 10:50
Yes, Algore told me that open carrying scares the polar bears which causes IBS among the bears because of their fish and seal-heavy diet which contributes to the greenhouse gases and Global Warming.

The only cure for Global Warming is to purchase polar bear gas offsets when you open carry. These offsets are available from me.

Send one case of .308 or .45acp to Kirk Freeman, 200 Ferry Street, Suite L, Lafayette, Indiana 47901 for each day you open carry.:banana:

KSFreeman
04-03-2007, 11:00
Case=1,000 rounds.

Skpotamus
04-03-2007, 14:54
I meant to post this a while back. A few weeks ago, I went to Turkey Run with my gf and our dogs (German Shepherd & a Doberman), I open carried my glock 21 in a Serpa holster. I only got one weird look that I noticed.

rhino465
04-03-2007, 19:43
Awesome!

KSFreeman
04-04-2007, 05:35
Skpot, you must send me 2 cases of .308 to offset your carbon pollution for your trip to Turkey Run.

/s/ Kirk Freeman, Environmental Tsar, Indiana Glockers

Ignition
04-04-2007, 09:21
i remember the one time i got stopped out of my many times of open carrying back in Indiana..... it was at a McD's well actually i didnt get stopped till almost 5miles down the road.... someone called from McD's that i might be trying to rob the store, AFTER I LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 lmao lmao lmao

IronHorseman
04-04-2007, 15:33
Originally posted by Skpotamus
I meant to post this a while back. A few weeks ago, I went to Turkey Run with my gf and our dogs (German Shepherd & a Doberman), I open carried my glock 21 in a Serpa holster. I only got one weird look that I noticed.


Open carry at a state park I LOVE IT!

Warp
04-04-2007, 15:43
I even witnessed a gentlement openly carrying a 1911 at Turkey Run before the administrative regulations were cleared up...inside the nature center. Everybody had to know. Nobody cared. :)

(Mine was concealed)

rhino465
04-04-2007, 21:15
Originally posted by Warp
I even witnessed a gentlement openly carrying a 1911 at Turkey Run before the administrative regulations were cleared up...inside the nature center. Everybody had to know. Nobody cared. :)

(Mine was concealed)


Well . . . maybe it was mostly locals that day! We're a bit more enlightened in that regard than, say, a park visitor from Chicago or the east coast.

Let's keep vigilant and do what we can to make the current rules permanent (and maybe even improve them some more).

FThorn
04-05-2007, 07:15
Why is it I keep forgetting that state parks are NOW LEGAL?
Man, it's a pain to keep track of the patchwork of in-bounds vs out-of-bounds over time. Let alone visiting OTHER states.

When did OHIO drop reciprocity?

R. Emmelman
04-05-2007, 08:55
Originally posted by FThorn
Why is it I keep forgetting that state parks are NOW LEGAL?
Man, it's a pain to keep track of the patchwork of in-bounds vs out-of-bounds over time. Let alone visiting OTHER states.

When did OHIO drop reciprocity?
Never had it with Indiana. I believe the reason is we don't have mandatory training.

Ignition
04-05-2007, 09:20
Originally posted by R. Emmelman
Never had it with Indiana. I believe the reason is we don't have mandatory training.

no training and we issue at 18

FThorn
04-05-2007, 11:58
oops. oh well, I've been carrying in Ohio afoul of the law, then. :)

See, it's hard. What should I do, walk up to a cop in the state and ask? :)

B Coyote
04-05-2007, 17:29
I open carry at work all the time. Over seven months now and the only complaint was from an ex cop. We've had dozens of compliments, though.

For those of you interested in Ohio...get a Florida license. Ohio accepts the Florida permit.

bc

rhino465
04-06-2007, 18:50
Originally posted by B Coyote
I open carry at work all the time.

Where do you work?

B Coyote
04-06-2007, 20:27
Originally posted by rhino465
Where do you work?
In a liquor store.

bc