Castillo de San Marcos [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Castillo de San Marcos

Droanx
04-01-2007, 18:28
I will be headed to St. Augustine, for my honeymoon, in June.

One of the things to do there is the Castillo de San Marcos. The fort is a Natinal Park. Is it legal for me to carry there or am I mistaken? Having been there before I know that there is a grassy area around the fort and people can picnic there etc.

Also, are there any other locations I should know about as far as carrying legally is concerned?

I am not one of those people that says concealed means concealed. I try to stay on the right side of the law.

Rusty Shackleford
04-02-2007, 06:05
National Parks are off limits.

Droanx
04-02-2007, 15:25
Originally posted by Rusty Shackleford
National Parks are off limits.

That's what I figured. Is the grassy area around the fort considered part of the park? Last time I was there we walked from the downtown area to the fort. Any other areas that I might mistake for being ok to carry in but really aren't?

Rusty Shackleford
04-02-2007, 18:50
Yes, the grounds, the parking lot, etc.. are all part of the NPS; not just the structure. If there isn't a public road between you and the fort, you're probably somewhere you can't carry. Other than that, there's no trick to it. :thumbsup:

Droanx
04-02-2007, 18:57
Alrighty, I guess I will have to go at least half a day unarmed. I won't let that ruin my honeymoon though :banana: