New Marion County rule proposal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Marion County rule proposal

Josed
04-01-2007, 19:00
City/Council Woman Mansfield has introduced a new Ordenance, Proposal 174-2007 that is aimed at closing shoting ranges in Marion County. She is trying to quote "make Marion County safer" by expanding the no firearms discharge ordenance thru-out the rest of Marion County, and at the same time is setting new guidelines for ranges, including pellet ranges. In her proposal the Sheriff Dept. will set up new rules for shooting ranges in Marion County. It also sets a fee of $100.00 for the inspections of public, private and commercial ranges. The impetus of this new anti- gun law is, that she claim's her neighbours house was shot, but in the news video the hole in the house was not a bullet hole. It looks more like someone kicked the house or used a hammer to damage the siding. This proposal was introduced on March-26-2007, and it has been refered to the Rules and Public Policy Committee. I think is is going to be heard on April-17 meeting. I for one will be there to make my voice heard against this new rule.

R. Emmelman
04-02-2007, 10:57
Just one more reason my house is for sale, and Marion county is NOT on my list of places to move to.

I am so OUT OF HERE! :outtahere:

mpholic
04-02-2007, 11:03
Originally posted by R. Emmelman
Just one more reason my house is for sale, and Marion county is NOT on my list of places to move to.

I am so OUT OF HERE! :outtahere:

True, but ECPR and MCF&G are in Marion county! :sad:

SHINGLE MONKEY
04-02-2007, 19:28
we find 3 to 5 bullets a year in roofs in marion county...none close to a shooting range.

fire1035
04-02-2007, 19:34
Originally posted by SHINGLE MONKEY
we find 3 to 5 bullets a year in roofs in marion county...none close to a shooting range.

weird...... You wouldn't think the bullets would travel that far fromt he range. :upeyes:

I guess I'll call my council woman tomorrow and tell her my opinion on this one. Not that she's ever listened before.

sjstill
04-02-2007, 19:41
I called my CC member first this this (Monday) morning, but of course I never got a return call....

rhino465
04-03-2007, 10:48
If this goes through, MCF&G is obviously toast. I suspect ECPPR will be safe . . . but only for the use of IMPD.

How might this affect the indoor ranges like Pop Guns?

mpholic
04-03-2007, 11:11
Originally posted by rhino465
I suspect ECPPR will be safe . . . but only for the use of IMPD.

Do you smell that? Something stinks! :shakehead:

biggl35
04-03-2007, 13:14
Originally posted by rhino465
If this goes through, MCF&G is obviously toast. I suspect ECPPR will be safe . . . but only for the use of IMPD.

How might this affect the indoor ranges like Pop Guns?

I stopped by Pops today to do some browsing.

The gunrange proposal came up in conversation, the GS employee gave me the impression that this ordinance would also affect indoor ranges the exact same way it would outdoor ranges.

I havent read the entire proposal, yet, but I will.

TheWanderer
04-06-2007, 09:12
I'm told they're not going after the indoor ranges with this (yet). They're going after the MCFG because of the housing around it. If successful, they'll try to expand to Hamilton County to get the Indiana Gun Club run out.
Besides, I'd think Popguns will be safe, since it will require a sheriff's approval and Mike is a sheriff. I don't know.

R. Emmelman
04-06-2007, 10:30
Originally posted by TheWanderer
... snip ...
Besides, I'd think Popguns will be safe, since it will require a sheriff's approval and Mike is a sheriff. I don't know.
There is only one Marion county sheriff, Frank.

dwh79
04-07-2007, 15:06
Me and a lot of members from my local gun club on the south side will be at the meeting on April 17 downtown.

Josed
04-07-2007, 19:57
I'm starting to wonder what is the motive behind this ordenance.
There is a developer after the land where the Indiana Gun Club sits.
It would not be a total surprice that the real object is personal
gain. Mansfield herself has stated that this proposal will not stop
criminals form shooting firearms in Marion County. Like every other
liberal the issue is never the issue.

TheWanderer
04-08-2007, 17:22
I meant deputy.