wait for CC permit in Meck Co...ARRRGGGHHH!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : wait for CC permit in Meck Co...ARRRGGGHHH!!!

BigWaylon
04-02-2007, 06:22
OK...I know that Meck Co always says "up to" 90-days...I've been prepared for that wait...

So, I go to class yesterday (in Gaston County) and the instructor is telling the students they can take their certificate up to the Sheriff's Office today and get an appointment...

I call at 8:05am today to get mine...and the first available appointment is Wednesday, 6/13/07...

so, in addition to the wait AFTER I apply...I have another 2-1/2 months to wait BEFORE I can apply...

:burn:

Greg

edrobert
04-02-2007, 19:41
Yeah, luckily my instructor told me a couple of month before taking my class to go ahead and set an appointment so I was able to walk it up there the follwoing week.

spoonhatchcrap
04-02-2007, 20:07
funny i took my class on nov 26th..called nov 28th..appt dec 6th..permit mar 6th..

BigWaylon
04-02-2007, 20:55
Originally posted by edrobert
Yeah, luckily my instructor told me a couple of month before taking my class to go ahead and set an appointment so I was able to walk it up there the follwoing week.

I bought my G22 on Thursday and took the class Sunday...wasn't a whole lot of lead time available...

had I known it was that ridiculous, I probably would've called long before I owned a gun, since I didn't even need one for the class...

I'm trying to see if some of my contacts with CMPD (my dad and several friends work there) can get me a closer date...but the deal with the two officers killed over the weekend has pretty much put a halt to anything else going on right now...

Greg

Cannibal Roses
04-05-2007, 07:49
That's awful!
I'm so sorry....

Here in Gaston County, I called Monday morning after my class on Saturday, and they had me in the next day. Glad I moved!

WolfiePacker
04-05-2007, 10:22
what is all this appointment crap you guys speak of, I walked in and said "Here you go, lets do fingerprints!"

edrobert
04-05-2007, 10:24
How long ago? You now have to make an appointmment to do that in Meck County.

WolfiePacker
04-05-2007, 10:31
it was only a year ago, but different county (Camden). I feel for you guys over there in Meck, that sucks.

BigWaylon
04-05-2007, 10:39
Originally posted by WolfiePacker
what is all this appointment crap you guys speak of, I walked in and said "Here you go, lets do fingerprints!"

just Meck Co...

all the surrounding counties are either a walk-up situation, or come back in a day or two...

me? I get to wait 2-1/2 months...

Greg

BigWaylon
04-10-2007, 21:22
good news (for me)...

got it moved from 6/13 to 4/26!!

would've been 4/17, but I'm out of town all week next week...

Greg

DrMarc
04-12-2007, 18:39
March 20th was the earliest I could get an appointment! That was almost 2 months from when I called!

It hasn't even been a month since they took my prints. Anyone on here from Meck county have any idea if it really does take the full 90 days???

spoonhatchcrap
04-12-2007, 19:17
it does take the full 90.. i applied on dec 6th got my permit mar 6th.

DrMarc
04-12-2007, 19:20
That really is a bunch of crap then!

You know darn well that they know within the first 30-40 days if you qualifiy or not! That does irritate me to no end!

Then again did you notice how "friendly" and "fast" those great county workers were at the sherriff's office!!! There was an off-duty deputy in line in front of me to get her carry permit and she could not get over how rude and slow that office was... Even to her!

Glocks&Ducs
04-12-2007, 19:27
That sucks, but I think you guys have to consider the amount of people applying in an area that size/populated. That is probably why it takes so long, at least at the County level. The time it takes for the permit to come back from the state should be about the same, depending on work load.

Here in Onslow county, you can apply on Friday between 2 and 7 pm. If he can't get you in, he will tell you to come back on another day when he thinks he can squeeze you in. I think I actually did mine on a Wednesday. But my permit only took three weeks to come back, and that pissed me off because he said two.

Glocks&Ducs
04-12-2007, 19:32
Originally posted by spoonhatchcrap
it does take the full 90.. i applied on dec 6th got my permit mar 6th.

What is the date on the permit? If the date on the permit is well before the day they (the Sheriff) actually issued it to you, I would file a complaint. If I am not mistaken, the state actually prints the cards up with the date it was issued, then they are sent to local Sheriff, and he signs and distributes them. If he isn't distributing them in a timely manner, he needs to be reported.

spoonhatchcrap
04-13-2007, 11:12
yeah it was issued on feb 18th..

heels23
04-13-2007, 22:31
I applied Feb. 27 the sherrif told me 4 weeks. Still aint heard a word from him. Anyone suggest a call. I live in Davie by the way. Really small county.

Glocks&Ducs
04-14-2007, 08:58
Originally posted by heels23
I applied Feb. 27 the sherrif told me 4 weeks. Still aint heard a word from him. Anyone suggest a call. I live in Davie by the way. Really small county.

I would call. Actually, I would stop by in person so I could pick it up if it is in their pile. Make sure you tell them you understand they have 90 days to update you, but you were told four weeks is the normal turn around there, and were just wondering if there was a problem with your application.

heels23
04-14-2007, 15:36
That sounds like a good idea to me. I will go by there next week and see what they say.

hawgrider
04-17-2007, 06:35
Don't want too many law abiding citzens carrying. You know criminals have rights to. Thats ridiculous that the sherrif takes his good old time doing this but I guess he loves to exercise his authority.

BigWaylon
04-26-2007, 22:06
well...the 90-day countdown began at 8:41am today...

I guess we'll have to see how close to Friday, July 27th I get the call...

Greg

walrus108
04-30-2007, 18:52
You guys are making me feel a bit better about the excruciating wait down here in SC. SC wait is forever, NC wait is unreasonable!

rfd339
05-05-2007, 22:58
got mine in a month and half , that class,paperwork and wait.

BigWaylon
06-19-2007, 18:22
Originally posted by Glocks&Ducs
What is the date on the permit? If the date on the permit is well before the day they (the Sheriff) actually issued it to you, I would file a complaint. If I am not mistaken, the state actually prints the cards up with the date it was issued, then they are sent to local Sheriff, and he signs and distributes them. If he isn't distributing them in a timely manner, he needs to be reported.

going on this theory...anybody just walked into the Sheriff's Dept and asked for your permit before they call? :)

I'm going to have my dad (who works for CMPD) call over there Thursday and see if it's sitting there, yet...he got my appointment moved up 2 months for me, so he knows somebody close to the situation...

we'll see how it goes...

Greg

Bogey
06-20-2007, 20:27
Just saw this thread.

Geez Leweeze I feel sorry for you guys. I wonder what happened to that department over there? Wake County took me 13 calendar days.:shocked:

BigWaylon
06-20-2007, 20:49
Originally posted by Bogey
Just saw this thread.

Geez Leweeze I feel sorry for you guys. I wonder what happened to that department over there? Wake County took me 13 calendar days.:shocked:

nothing "happened"...other than the Sheriff is a two-faced slacker...

Greg

BigWaylon
06-22-2007, 14:31
alright...so here's the deal...

applied 4/26, which puts my 90 days at about 7/26...

my dad called his "contact" at the Sheriff's Department this morning, and they confirmed my permit was sitting there...

I walked in about 10 minutes after they open, said I was there to pick up my permit...they asked for my ID...she went over to the file drawer and pulled my permit from the stack...asked me to sign it plus a "Do's and Don'ts of Carrying a Concealed Handgun" form...and I was on my way...

no questions...I didn't have to "convince" her of anything...was never asked if I had gotten a call...

permit was actually issued 6/6/07 (I assume, since the expiration was 6/6/12)...so it had already been sitting there more than two weeks...

I'd feel fairly confident that any Meck Co resident could apply for a permit, then just walk in the door 6-8 weeks later and get their permit, no questions asked...

they got my money when I applied...so they have ZERO incentive to want to hand the permits out, and state law says they have 90 days...which they seem glad to use up every last one...

SmartCarry showed up today...which is FANTASTIC, since I have two Comp-Tac slides, but my Beltman belts haven't shown up, yet...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks.
Greg