transfer fees in Philly area- who's cheap and reliable? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : transfer fees in Philly area- who's cheap and reliable?

tat2guy
04-02-2007, 09:41
I've only ever had one gun shipped to an FFL, and it went to SPA&G. Their fee structure is weird- it's $15 for members UNLESS the gun is coming from out of state, then it's $40 (I believe it's $25 and $50 for non-members).

It seems to me that I could do better than $40 somewhere else. Any recomendations?

Thanks.

MOHAA Player
04-03-2007, 14:47
Originally posted by tat2guy
I've only ever had one gun shipped to an FFL, and it went to SPA&G. Their fee structure is weird- it's $15 for members UNLESS the gun is coming from out of state, then it's $40 (I believe it's $25 and $50 for non-members).

It seems to me that I could do better than $40 somewhere else. Any recomendations?

Thanks. If you are comfortable with SPAG as I am then it's worth the extra 10 or 15 bucks for that piece of mind that your dealing with someone you have done transfers with before.Jimmy(owner)is a nice guy to deal with,and his staff are very friendly.
MOHAA

jthuang
04-05-2007, 09:55
Any of these look good? (http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=43)

I personally have not used any of the above but I'd be interested to see if anyone has. I don't know of any established gunshops that will receive guns (say from CDNN) for you because they would make more $ by just selling the gun to you directly. Normally I don't have an issue with that, but ordering direct can save you from the sales tax and sometimes that can be a boatload of money on a $1k+ gun.

ETA: I have heard good things about Dave Donley and John @ Seneca Arms. I'd like to give them a whirl but I don't have a car and Quakertown is a bit of a hike.