Urban desolation? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Urban desolation?

JellyBelly
04-02-2007, 23:20
This is about as "artsy fartsy" as I get. I was going for a feeling of desolation. Did it work?
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r288/Canonista/BW-Tracks.jpg

hwyhobo
04-03-2007, 02:01
Originally posted by JellyBelly
This is about as "artsy fartsy" as I get. I was going for a feeling of desolation. Did it work?
I think I am too preoccupied thinking about this sharp turn of the tracks right in front of the camera and its possible message to notice desolation.

MrsKitty
04-03-2007, 07:25
Desolation? Not for me.

Why?

1. The row of "crosses" along the top. Fence posts or whatever they are, they look like crosses to me which reminds me of religion/God and that gives hope.

2. There is something white at the "end" of the tracks. No clue what it is, but for something to be there suggests company possibly, at least it suggests that you aren't alone.

3. The sharp turn leads my eye straight out of the pic. It is too soon, too much in focus.

I do love the slightly foggy mist and the b/w conversion.

Rusty Shackleford
04-03-2007, 09:22
I like it the way it is. Utility poles with multiple horizontal supports don't appear as "crosses" to me, or make me think of religion.. Overpasses/tunnels don't give me hope.. and my ADHD must be in remission as I find the additional track adds to the photo rather than distracting me from where my eye is drawn - to the lighter area far in the distance.

MrsKitty
04-03-2007, 17:37
Originally posted by Rusty Shackleford
I like it the way it is. Utility poles with multiple horizontal supports don't appear as "crosses" to me, or make me think of religion.. Overpasses/tunnels don't give me hope.. and my ADHD must be in remission as I find the additional track adds to the photo rather than distracting me from where my eye is drawn - to the lighter area far in the distance.

And this right here is why you should always trust *your* instincts.

I see this photo differently than Rusty does. Neither of us is "wrong" (or right...) even tho our interpertations differ. :)