CNN Video on Outed permit holders [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CNN Video on Outed permit holders

TScottW99
04-03-2007, 12:41
Here is the video that CNN did on the Roanoke Times outing Virginia concealed weapon permit holders....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kUIPRFgRE8

Not bad coming from CNN.

sigpro357
04-06-2007, 10:39
That was a fair and balanced piece. Especially considering that CNN was the one that ran the story. I laughed when when the reporter asked the assault victim lady if she felt better holding the firearm. DUH. She was brutally beaten and there is someone out there hunting for her, and the firearm doesn't make here feel better.

The only thing that would make me feel bad would be the fact that she was only holding a .380 (Bersa). I would upgrade the caliber. But thats just me.

RagingPotato
04-08-2007, 14:29
Originally posted by sigpro357
The only thing that would make me feel bad would be the fact that she was only holding a .380 (Bersa). I would upgrade the caliber. But thats just me.

Well, that, and the fact that she didn't keep her finger off the trigger. :shocked:

HavinaPretzel
04-09-2007, 14:27
That was a pretty good piece, overall; the panel did overlook one way to avoid the conflict between the individual's right to privacy and the public's right to know - rescinding the requirement for a permit to CCW.

I missed that when it was actually broadcast; thanks for posting it.

boomcat
04-14-2007, 15:56
That was a refreshing change from the usual fear and loathing of guns on network news. Thanks for posting it.