What's Legal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's Legal

maggie
04-04-2007, 07:03
Went in local Atlanta very established gun only store this week. Picked out my next treasure, went to the counter, agreeded on price, said let's do paperwork, he said let me see your ID (rifle) BTW, pulled my GA DL, and my GA CC, he said these addresses don't match, I said yes, the CC is the address for the 4473, he replied well I can't sell you this gun !
What ? Six times in the last 24 months this has not been a problem at other stores. Comments?

(2) How do you buy for 91 days after you get your new DL ?

Wiley
04-04-2007, 15:52
I don't know the answer but I'm sure that if you post over on GeorgiaPacking.org sombody will know. My guess is if your DL is Georgia, don't show your GFL. I think the DL is the primary ID as you do not have to get a new GFL, if you move, until it is due for renewal.

Also consider signing up with GeorgiaCarry.org. We need more members and more women members would be a plus.

Both links are in my sig line.

mzmtg
04-04-2007, 17:08
There is no requirement that the addresses on your DL and GFL match.

MalumProhibitum
04-04-2007, 17:11
Originally posted by maggie
Went in local Atlanta very established gun only store this week. Picked out my next treasure, went to the counter, agreeded on price, said let's do paperwork, he said let me see your ID (rifle) BTW, pulled my GA DL, and my GA CC, he said these addresses don't match, I said yes, the CC is the address for the 4473, he replied well I can't sell you this gun !
What ? Six times in the last 24 months this has not been a problem at other stores. Comments?

(2) How do you buy for 91 days after you get your new DL ?

Your post seems to indicate that your DL had the wrong address but your GFL had the correct address?