Mackinaw City ? ? ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mackinaw City ? ? ?

Banker Billy
04-05-2007, 10:58
Hello one and all,

Planning a little vacation to your fair state this coming July. Would like to spend five or six days in the Mackinaw City area. ďBridgeĒ area, Old Mill Creek, Island, Whitefish Point and the like.

We were there about three years ago and had a pretty good time.

So . . . can anyone recommend on where to stay ? ? Would be two adults and two older teenage kids. Need two rooms in a hotel or a two room suite or ? ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

NSANE
04-07-2007, 22:00
Great area to see. On the main strip in Mackinaw city there are lots of places to stay. I would and try to stay on the lake side for at night the bridge is lit up. We live down by Pontiac and we take the family up every summer, if fact we'll be there 3rd week in May. Have a safe trip!

jooos
04-11-2007, 20:36
I Love Mackinaw Island, my family and I go up for one week every year. The only real draw back is that most of the area does rely on tourism so expect to pay tourist prices. That is the main reason we decided to purchase a pop up camper a few years ago and you get to do so much more family activity with no TV, or Video games. We like to stay at a place called Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping site www.campmackinaw.com We will often go up for a weekend in September when itís not so busy, as fun as Mackinaw is when your there and itís peek season itís elbow to elbow at some of the more popular spots on the Island. When you go make sure you visit the Fort, and take the horse drawn carriage ride, and you have to try the fudge and salt water taffy. You can rent bicycles and ride around the whole island if you want, also you can go into the state land for hours. If you go over the bridge they make you pay to go over and to get back, but itís really cool, if you go up around Labor Day they shut down one side and you can walk across the bridge. In St. Ignas there are many quant little shops. When ever you go Iím sure youíll have a great time, be safe and have a great timeÖ
:thumbsup:

mell
04-11-2007, 22:45
DO NOT STAY AT THE SUPER 8 BRIDGEVIEW!!!! Stay anywhere but there. We went last summer and actually got our money back for all 5 nights due to the disgusting room that was supposed to have a view of the mackinaw bridge. The view was a tree from our balcony..... The room itself was dirty and had pubes on the bathroom floor and spiderwebs in the shower. Just nasty. I'm told the best western and hamilton inn are nice. We stayed the entire time at the Brigadoon bed and breakfast. Might be a bit pricey for the group you have going though. You should take a walk by it though as it is a beautiful home. It is at the corner of langlade and Jamet streets. Enjoy...

COBRA90GT
04-12-2007, 11:27
I've stayed on the St. Ignace side once before when visiting up there - believe it was http://www.harbourpointe.com/ ( Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront ). Good place, clean rooms. :thumbsup:

rein-22
04-13-2007, 12:40
if you want to stay on the island i have a 3 bedroom renting for $1500.00 wk

Drilled
04-13-2007, 16:09
I have stayed here:
http://www.mackinaw-city.com/lodging/clarion/

and here:
http://www.mackinaw-city.com/lodging/bestwesterndockside/

Both were okay and clean.

Zippy06
04-13-2007, 17:16
Stay one exit south. Got this from my brother. He said super cheap.
But, he just bought a harley????????