Political Blog with Jim Shella [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Political Blog with Jim Shella

Pitmaster
04-05-2007, 15:08
While looking up something else I found this note (http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3008730) on Jim Shella's blog.

April 4, 2007 4:32 pm

I recently took part in a survey conducted by a private college in Indiana. The professor doing the research wanted to know which interest groups hold the most sway in the Indiana General Assembly. I mentioned the National Rifle Association along with folks like the Chamber of Commerce and the Indiana State Teachers Association.

The professor told me that my list was similar to the others he received with the exception of my inclusion of the NRA. Why, he wanted to know, did I do that?

I told him that, while the NRA has little or no presence in the Statehouse, it has great influence. The NRA generally gets what it wants from Indiana lawmakers. More importantly, it seldom has to conduct fights over gun rights in this state. I was also impressed by some candidate billboards last year touting NRA endorsements.

Now comes word that state Senator Johnny Nugent (R-Lawrencburg) recently won election to the NRA national board of directors. The riflemen don't need a lobbyist. They have a board member sitting in the caucus.

R. Emmelman
04-05-2007, 18:36
Jim Shella is no friend. Found that out during the last election. :sad: