Great meeting last night [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Great meeting last night

Gunfitr
04-06-2007, 07:42
We initiated 3 EAs last night. The work, lectures, tools, charge were all done with excellent proficiency. We have not started 3 at the same time in my memory. Two were young men whose dads and grandads are brothers the third is a 40 something who works with several brothers and was influenced by their character. It was a very good night to be a Mason.

May peace and harmony prevail.

JayPap
04-06-2007, 16:41
Good for you were doing triples more often than I like.

My personal opinion is if your alone it is more personal but with many candidates thats not possible.

I guess it's better to have multiples than none.

We benefit from a local A.F.B. Three or four Marines and a couple Air Force per year average. Plus non military and were usually busy.

The only Lodge in my area that has never recycled a P.M. except during World War II.

Gunfitr
04-06-2007, 20:24
I agree, I went through all the way by myself. My lodge also recycled the master during ww2 and also a few times during the mid 1800's. Since ww2 we've been fortunate, no retreads. However most of the smaller lodges in our district have done so. I know of brothers who have made four trips to the east. Some even rotate from the east right back to the south.

Chuck66
04-12-2007, 19:57
We've had an upturn in EAs and beyond here lately. In a county of only 14K people, it's been about 3 petitions at least per month for the last 8 or 9 months. For the few years prior to this, it was more like 5 or 6 a year. Our lodge did the first multiple-candidate EA I'm aware of in the 10 years since I was raised, last week.

I'm not sure what's driving it, but we're enjoying it. In at least one instance, I think it's word of mouth from other recent initiates. One was a state trooper, now got another state trooper right on his heels. Lot's of folks from the local prison too(nooooo....not inmates :supergrin: , the guards :thumbsup: )

Either way, an influx of folks we reckon ought to be on the right side of the law. Awesome.

Gunfitr
04-13-2007, 06:31
Great news, we too had a period when petitions were few and far between. However the last 3 years there has been a resurgence of interest in Masonry. We now have coaching and degree work on a continuous basis. Our lodge also has a significant LE, Fire, and EMS presence. But I guess that is to be expected in a small town given that good men always seek the companionship of other good men.

deputy tom
04-13-2007, 17:46
Good to hear your Lodges are getting larger.We too are seeing a significant increase in membership enrollment but the loss due to death is winning out.Our Lodge is getting younger in the mean age than when I joined 30 yrs. ago.tom.

RED64CJ5
04-15-2007, 19:16
In my lodges, everyone gets individual attention during their degrees with the only exception being lectures.