Internet Cafe [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Internet Cafe

jprj
04-06-2007, 11:12
Considering this small business, any tips you may share?

ret_marine2003
04-13-2007, 02:52
Where are you in P.I.?

cysoto
04-16-2007, 12:48
These used to be real popular in my neck of the woods a few years ago. Now most cafes and restaurants offer wi-fi connection (and the cost of laptops allows for many to afford them). In addition, consider that most cell phones give you access to the net. <p>For all these reasons I think that it is not a hot idea anymore.

ret_marine2003
04-17-2007, 12:14
If he is still in the P.I. it may be a good idea or a bad idea.

I used to live near Manilla.

Consider his location similar to urban Detroit.

Good and bad neighborhoods are blocks apart.

One block may be a secure community, the next block may be a galvanized tin squatters camp.

Police and crime issues may prevent this from being a fruitful venture depending on your location and willingness to fight for it or pay the "comfort tax".

cysoto
04-17-2007, 12:37
You are right. I had not considered his location when I posted my reply. In all honesty, it wasn't until you pointed it out the 2nd time that I finally noticed that the OPs location is in the Phillipines. <p>I know that these Internet Cafes have had more popularity in Asian and Eastern European countries than what they ever had in the US. So I should not try to make an assumption as to how good of an idea it may be for the OP. <P>Again, thanks for pointing out his location.