VA State Police ammo? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : VA State Police ammo?


Gregw/aGlock
04-06-2007, 16:15
How does one go about finding out what ammo the VSP issues? I'd feel kinda awkward calling them up to ask. I think that would be useful info to know while I'm picking out the ammo I want to carry for self-defense....

SocomCen
04-07-2007, 04:20
Originally posted by Gregw/aGlock
How does one go about finding out what ammo the VSP issues? I'd feel kinda awkward calling them up to ask. I think that would be useful info to know while I'm picking out the ammo I want to carry for self-defense....

IIRC they use 125gr Gold Dot (.357SIG in SIG 229 DAKs), I see a few Troopers a day in the shop. But I'll double check.

Bonk
04-08-2007, 09:16
It is 125gr Gold Dots, I was just talking to one yesterday.

Gregw/aGlock
04-08-2007, 12:24
Thanks alot - that's what I've got in my 229 too.

Carlitos
04-09-2007, 12:20
Originally posted by Gregw/aGlock
How does one go about finding out what ammo the VSP issues? I'd feel kinda awkward calling them up to ask. I think that would be useful info to know while I'm picking out the ammo I want to carry for self-defense....

Darn good question!

THink about why we CCW.

-we CCW to protect ourselves and our family.

IF that need ever arrises, we might be questioned - in front of a jury.

About the best answer I can think of as to "Why did you select X gun/ammo?" is:

"I asked a public safety officer what they choose to use to protect innocent people and themslves from criminals. Since the public safety officers use X, I chose X too, since the public safety officers are the experts in such matters."

That answer should satisfy any jury's doubt about you being a reasonable person when it comes to ammo/gun choice.

Gregw/aGlock
04-09-2007, 18:05
Originally posted by Carlitos
IF that need ever arrises, we might be questioned - in front of a jury.

This is paramount to me - preparation for the "what if" scenario. I am only just beginning to learn. :thumbsup:

watsoncb
04-09-2007, 20:08
I have heard that Fairfax County Sheriff's carry .40SWs with Federal HPs or Hydra-Shoks.

Can anyone confirm? Also what does:

Alexandria Police:
Arlington Co Police:
Falls Church:
Fairfax Co Police:
Loudoun Sheriff:

vafish
04-09-2007, 20:52
Not sure about FCSO, FCPD carries Sig P226R DAK with Federal 9BPLE 115 gr +P+.

HavinaPretzel
04-09-2007, 21:11
Originally posted by Carlitos
Darn good question!

THink about why we CCW.

-we CCW to protect ourselves and our family.

IF that need ever arrises, we might be questioned - in front of a jury.

About the best answer I can think of as to "Why did you select X gun/ammo?" is:

"I asked a public safety officer what they choose to use to protect innocent people and themslves from criminals. Since the public safety officers use X, I chose X too, since the public safety officers are the experts in such matters."

That answer should satisfy any jury's doubt about you being a reasonable person when it comes to ammo/gun choice.

That's a really good point. I carry the 124gr +p Gold Dot, which (I think) the NYPD also uses. I didn't know that when I bought them, but if I'm ever in a position like you describe, your statement about asking a public safety officer would be a good one to make.