Place for surplus Glocks in Houston, Texas? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Place for surplus Glocks in Houston, Texas?

Harold Mayo
04-06-2007, 19:30
Looking for any place carrying police trade-ins/surplus Glocks in Houston. Just looking for a relatively cheap but reliable car gun that I can keep in the vehicle and not care too much if anything happens to it. Pretty much any model, any generation. My preference would probably be a 23 but anything would do.

tomhighway
04-06-2007, 19:42
I would check with www.cdnnsports.com in Abilene. They have used Glocks at a great price.

Good luck mate.

kboy2379
04-06-2007, 21:02
ProDefense in Clear Lake

Mac Truck
04-07-2007, 00:08
My favorite gun shop, (besides my own, which is set to open in early June by the way!!!) is Shaw's R&R on Jones Rd and FM1960. They are certified dealers for several brands and carry new/used guns at extremely competitive prices. There is a woman there named Esmeralda that will bend over backwards for you...not literally...but imagine how many guns she'd sell if she did!!

They have several G23 Police reconditions right now, 1st and 2nd Generation. There is one 23 in particular for $389 in great shape. They also have a S&W Tactical .40 that was a Memphis,TN PD trade in that is engraved with the dept. logo. VERY COOL gun, and they only want $379 for it.

Here's the link: http://www.shawsrr.com/1511_Firearms.htm

Esmeralda is the woman in the picture.

G36's Rule
04-07-2007, 12:43
Mac Truck,

Where is your shop going to be? I'm in Spring.

cwood
04-07-2007, 12:58
It is still convenient and available.

Mark Kitterman at Summit Gun Brokers (in Missouri)use to have a storefront gun shop but started getting so much business on the internet that he ended up closing his shop.

He does so much internet business because he has such good deals. Look at his website. It is not the most hi-tech site and he often sells faster than he can update his site but he is great to speak with on the phone.

He buys a LOT of LEO tradeins and also lots of confiscated firearms. I got my daughter a factory rebuild G17 for under $400. It cost me $20 to ship it and $15 to transfer. That is less than the sales tax I would have paid locally and it was a great price to boot for a factory warranty pistol. Here is the site:

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/index.html

Look around there and call him to explain exactly what you want if you do not see it on the site. He is a great guy to talk to.

Obviously, I was impressed. Wish I were getting paid for this glowing endorsement.

drphil
04-11-2007, 14:43
cwood, this is who i was thinking of...Summit Gun Brokers. yeah, this is the site that i used to have bookmarked that i've been looking for. pretty certain this guy should be getting some of my business soon. thanks!

and thanks for the other links, guys!