Anyone Familiar With Greenville, S.C.>? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Familiar With Greenville, S.C.>?

ULVER
04-07-2007, 13:17
I haven't been there in years, but I have been told the downtown area is very nice now. I was planning a trip there shortly.

I will be in extreme NE Georgia (Rabun County), for a holiday dinner at The Dillard House. I was curious if anyone knew what the drive is like from Rabun county to Greenville?

Also, if anyone has "must see" or "must do" feel free to pass them along.

I am also interested in any local restaurants of merit, especially BBQ joints.

Thanks for any help...:)

FLM
04-08-2007, 16:33
Dillard's to Greenville will take you about an hour and a half. A lot of nice restaurants in Greenville. Quite a few on Woodruff Rd. As far as places to see, take a walking tour of downtown, especially the Falls. There's the Confederate Museum on Boyce St. Hope you enjoy your visit here.

Greycat
04-08-2007, 23:14
Originally posted by ULVER

I am also interested in any local restaurants of merit, especially BBQ joints.

Thanks for any help...:)

For barbecue, just outside of downtown, on Wade Hampton Blvd is a place called Henry's Smokehouse. Best barbecue in town in my opinion. Pulled pork with your choice of sauces.

A good restaraunt downtown, if you like good food and good beer, is the Blue Ridge Brewing Company. Good food, including a slection of wild game meats, and good beer, some of which is brewed on the premises. The staff and clientele can be a little on the "liberal" side, but you see a lot of that downtown :p

For really good beer, and a good slice of pizza, my favorite place downtown is Barley's Tap Room. Some ungodly number of beers on tap, and fresh pizza by the slice. It just doesn't get much better :supergrin:

There are also some nice, higher end, restaraunts downtown. Something for everyone really, it all depends on what you're looking for.....

G

Creek
04-11-2007, 18:29
I've worked out of Greenville for about 13 years, and have lived here for one. My favorite BBQ is Smokin Stokes at 1622 Augusta Street (Henry's runs a close second IMHO). Downtown Greenville is beautiful. Liberty bridge at the falls is one of the most awesome downtown sights in the southeast. Falls Park is adjacent to Liberty bridge and runs a few miles along the Reedy River. Enjoy your visit!

jBrian
04-12-2007, 16:50
Some info on Fall's park...

http://www.fallspark.com/

SnapCraklePOP
04-17-2007, 12:58
The best BBQ is Charlie's at the corner of Pelham Rd. and Hwy 14

Lethal Farce
04-19-2007, 16:31
Ulver, when are you coming? This weekend is "Artisphere" downtown. Lots of street vendors so you can sample their wares. Best BBQ- Hard to say. Go mid-day to Smokin Stokes on Augusta, when all is still moist. My favorite.
LF

DrJulian
04-23-2007, 16:07
Originally posted by Greycat

A good restaraunt downtown, if you like good food and good beer, is the Blue Ridge Brewing Company. Good food, including a slection of wild game meats, and good beer, some of which is brewed on the premises. The staff and clientele can be a little on the "liberal" side, but you see a lot of that downtown :p

G

yea i hear you on that, i like mellow mushroom for about 3 dozen beers on tap and some of the best pizza you will ever eat, but the place is full of "liberals" after 10pm.